JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a thing for combat/fighting shotguns, so lets see them!

I have two, both Remingtons, an 870P and an 1100.

870 Police Magnum I put together to be a classic "cruiser" type, well used looking gun. Has 18" barrel, +2 factory extension, Safariland shell holder, and Laser Products forend. I still need a sling.

1100 has a 19" vent rib barrel that I cut down, brass rod front sight, +2 Choat Machine extension, and a Hunter military type leather sling. Still needs a oversized bolt handle.

image.jpg

How do you like those Speedfeed stocks? I've always wanted to try one. I love the barrel shrouds/heat shields. I want to try to fit one from a Mossberg to my 870, since all I can find are plastic ones for an 870.

I have a thing for combat/fighting shotguns, so lets see them!

I have two, both Remingtons, an 870P and an 1100.

870 Police Magnum I put together to be a classic "cruiser" type, well used looking gun. Has 18" barrel, +2 factory extension, Safariland shell holder, and Laser Products forend. I still need a sling.

1100 has a 19" vent rib barrel that I cut down, brass rod front sight, +2 Choat Machine extension, and a Hunter military type leather sling. Still needs a oversized bolt handle.

View attachment 115511

I'm diggin' that chopped 1100! I have a Weatherby SA-08 for bird hunting, and would love to accuire another one to do what you did to that 1100.

It's a lot of fun to shoot, but only cycles with heavy loads. I'm in the market for another 1100 without the engraving, to cerakote and put smooth walnut stocks on, like this -
image.jpg

How do you like those Speedfeed stocks? I've always wanted to try one. I love the barrel shrouds/heat shields. I want to try to fit one from a Mossberg to my 870, since all I can find are plastic ones for an 870.

The speedfeeds are great if you are getting close to running dry. You fire, cycle, feed one back into the mag (rinse repeat) to extend "suppressive fire", or "take cover" and pop all four rounds into the mag. The rounds are held quite securely, and have never dumped out on me.

As for the heat shields, I don't see why you wouldn't be able "finesse" one on. They come in blued (black in color), matte parkerized, and stainless steel.

image-jpg.115205.jpg

An old Remington Model 11 that I cut down the barrel, added a 870/1100 mag tube extension, and made a spacer to fit between the forearm and mag tube extension.

Maverick 88. (borrowed pic from internet) This gun fits my needs for a shotgun. Has a little more plastic that I like, but seems to pretty darn durable. The only change I've made so far is to put a sling on it, but I'd like to put a ghost ring rear and a fiber optic front sight on it. Anyone got an idea where I could get some? %2331046.png

Maverick 88. (borrowed pic from internet) This gun fits my needs for a shotgun. Has a little more plastic that I like, but seems to pretty darn durable. The only change I've made so far is to put a sling on it, but I'd like to put a ghost ring rear and a fiber optic front sight on it. Anyone got an idea where I could get some?View attachment 115565

You can get fiber optic front sights at Brownell's, ebay, and Midway USA.

Is that a couple of X frame Smiths with the green and yellow stocks near the top of the pic?

You should watch his YouTube channel under his moniker "Yankee Marshall". He's actually quite entertaining, and his videos are well produced and intelligent. That being said, he showed those off a while back, and I believe he has a .500 and (I think) a .460.

For those who use side saddles or elastic buttstock shell holders, I always carry those spare shells brass end down. Just makes it easier for me to load a round while the shotgun is shouldered.
Some very nice shotguns here!:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads