JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes. Take the safety course first. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We all started out somewhere and we all took that first step.

OK
First of all, you do not need any classes to get a Washington CCW. You need to make an appointment with your county sheriff's office to get your background check done and get your fingerprints taken. There is probably a wait list for this so get on it ASAP. It costs $50 for a WA permit
And while it is not required, a handgun safety class would be very much worth your time. Consider signing up for a Utah CCW class as the course is excellent and a Utah CCW is accepted in something like 37 states.

I'm thinking it might be a good thing to learn to carry . It was a little scary first, but now im getting one. However it would be cool to get my application filled out on the second.
Absolutely! DL at 16, SSVC at 18, and CHL at 21. That's how we roll.... ;)

Even if you don't conceal carry, it's still your right and responsibility to exercise it.

I'm thinking it might be a good thing to learn to carry . It was a little scary first, but now im getting one. However it would be cool to get my application filled out on the second.
0) why is the thought of carrying concealed scary to you? You NEED to understand this before you take the next step.

If it's concealed it means nobody knows you have it so it should not attract unwanted attention.

If you are scared that you might do something stupid, then STOP. It would be a mistake to proceed.

A gun is the absolute last resort in defense of life or harm. I'd personally rather get the bubblegum kicked out of me than be forced to kill someone.

Once you have your fears worked out then follow these steps in addition to getting your CHL/CHP

1) get training
2) get range time
3) get more training
4) get more range time

0) why is the thought of carrying concealed scary to you? You NEED to understand this before you take the next step.

If it's concealed it means nobody knows you have it so it should not attract unwanted attention.

If you are scared that you might do something stupid, then STOP. It would be a mistake to proceed.

A gun is the absolute last resort in defense of life or harm. I'd personally rather get the bubblegum kicked out of me than be forced to kill someone.

Once you have your fears worked out then follow these steps in addition to getting your CHL/CHP

1) get training
2) get range time
3) get more training
4) get more range time
I don't even know if he has decided on the first gun to buy. Or if he has decided on if an AR15 is a good idea…. We are sprinting without ever learning to crawl here.

RE : CCW

It use to be that......
A CCW was a "good indication" of a person's character. Yeah......you know/might remember.....when selling or buying a firearm FTF in a private sale. It was like a "Good Guy Card".

But nowadays.......since every sale goes through the FFL? Well, the Govt is in charge of that. Cough, cough.....

I wonder where THAT was written into the Constitution?

Anyway......did I forget to mention that someone gets to PAY the FFL for the help/privilege of the transaction?

BUT, But, but......the Anti-Gunners get to sleep better at night. Really.....they sleep better because I got to PAY for the privilege of owning my 25th firearm instead of just owning 24.

Back to the CCW. Consider this.......
If/when the SHTF........
You must be LEGAL to carry. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS........also consider for a moment. Say that someone wanted to rent a room in your place. Do you want a person of "bad character" renting from you?

So, just asking to see a CCW means that at least the person isn't a FELON.
YEAH, Yeah, yeah.....
With some small exceptions.

Rrrrrrright.....it's not the END ALL. But, consider it a start.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews