Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Should gun/ammo companies refuse to sell to NY LEO?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by dmancornell, Jan 15, 2013.

1. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Alright let's hear it. NY state is officially pissing on the Constitution and gun owners. Should gun companies refuse to do business with NY state apparatchiks?

Related question, will you support companies that refuse to do business in NY, or boycott companies that continue to do so?

2. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Gun companies should move out and hold the State of New York to the same standards they hold their citizens to.

TKevlar and (deleted member) like this.
  3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Ceasing business with NY entirely would illustrate their principles.

I would definitely support companies that don't sell to NY law enforcement.

4. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Just like Barrett did to The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia! I would love to see all firearms related manufactures boycot NY government agencies.

5. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

I completely agree, I've often thought firearms manufacturers should not be located in or sell to non friendly states.

6. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

I would go out of my way to purchase from any company that boycotted NY COMPLETELY and more than gladly pay twice as much for their product if they did!

MrNiceGuy and (deleted member) like this.
  7. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

I think Springfield, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, etc. should move out of non-gun-friendly states and into states that would offer better business climates, and that recognize their citizens rights without getting ban-happy.

8. scot4199

scot4199 Portland Oregon New Member

There is a War going on in NY......our 2A brothers and sisters are going to need ammo. Things are getting crazy.

9. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

I would love to work for Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson

10. dallen1x

dallen1x Wil_Val, OR Active Member

Move out, don't sell to state or other NY agencies. Move to a state that is pro-American. I'd support them.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

scot4199 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Interesting concept.. What if gun and ammo companies protest the government by no longer supplying them with arms?? The government would be forced to purchase firearms and ammo overseas for a much higher price. This type of boycott would put a lot of pressure on the government who thinks they have unyielding support of all people.

Of course, if this occurred, a government take over of the firearm companies would most likely happen. The government doesn't play fair when its own necks are on the line.

12. dallen1x

There's and Exec Order that says they can take in times of need. I read part of it last night.

13. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Can you share a link?

14. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

Let them try. I think if the Feds tried to take over a gun company that wouldnt sell to them, I think that would be this generations 'Fort Sumter' moment.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  15. shredjesse

shredjesse Vantuckey Active Member

Boycoot New York for sure! I'd support a company doing this! Take a stand already!

16. dallen1x

I can't find the original site but this one explains it. I read that he signed it last year and it goes into affect March 2013.
    Here's a piece of it.

The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security. The order is not limited to wartime implementation, as one of the order's functions includes the command and control of resources in peacetime determinations.

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I have to ask why people call it the 'people's republik of Kalifornia' when a Republic,like the US of A, is the best form of government,not a democracy as the powers that be want us to become.

As for companies doing business with New York,do you think that any one of them will stop? I'm sure some of them have been doing business with them for decades and have contracts with them.
    It would be really nice if we could convince them otherwise. Not like they couldn't sell their wares elsewhere

18. dallen1x

I forgot to mention that it's considered by some to be the first preemptive peace time martial law signed by a president,

19. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I would certainly support any boycott by a gun related business.

20. Kota

Kota Clackamas County New Member

Manufacturers would never boycott the Gov. It is the Gov contracts that they are all competing for. If anything it would be the other way around, Gov offers manufacturer a contract for arms but only if they quit selling to the general public. Also, the Gov wastes money and would pay twice the amount the public would pay for each firearm.... Oh yeah, I would most certainly support a manufacturer that would move out of Old York and not sell them any arms.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013