JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just buying some airline tickets a little while ago and it made me think. Airlines do not insure items like iPods and such in checked bags any more. That does not bother me because I can carry my more expensive items in my carry on so that they are not stolen. Airlines require that I check my handgun into checked baggage. That is the only way I can take it with me. I cannot take it carry on.

Since carry on is not an option with firearms, do you believe airlines should have to insure your gun. Since they are forciing you to allow them to take custody of it should they have to pay if it is lost?

Personally I think they should have to replace any lost or stolen firearms.

I agree. I think they should insure everything over a certain dollar value actually. Because I don't know about anyone else, but I expect my possessions to arrive at their destination as safely and timely as I did. And if their mistake puts me out a couple hundred dollars I'd be pissed.

The airlines are not forcing people to transport firearms only in checked baggage, the federal government is. If your firearm is stolen from your checked bag while it is in possession of the airline, you can bring a claim against the airline for it.

when I flew to National Knife shows I would have to put 10-15 knives worth 3 grand and stick them in a suit case. and trust that not only would they arrive but if they didn't I would not only be out the inventory but the ONLY reason for the trip which could cost upwards of 1200.00 to attend.

I back then always made sure I had a half dozen folders in my carry on just incase.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top