JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

SHOT Show Worth a Visit?

• Yes, go to Sin City!

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Naw. Bunch of crap.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • What is SHOT Show?

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
So, I received a flyer today about the upcoming event in January 2020. It looks interesting. And it is Vegas, which a delightful epicenter of debaucherous adventures.

Anyone been to one and is it worth it?

Members of NSSF are invited, press, FFL's etc...
If you have never been then I suggest you go and check it out. The show is huge and lots of things to see. I am not going this year, but have been a half dozen or so times over the last decade or so. Take a spare bag to bring home your schwagg!

I had the chance a few years back. That's it, the credentials are key, if not a vendor. I never went. Would be a kick to go check it out.

If you go on press credentials it opens up a whole day of planned and paid for activity's. Guns to shoot , ammo to test, FOOD! I have a friend that writes a Blog for a major manufacturer. He is on the East coast. He happened to have an extra pass so I met him in LV. It was well worth the time!

Would be worth going to give yourself ideas on your business, if that's your goal.

If your more doing the FFL as an aside interest, rather than a business, then I wouldn't. Money pit concern...hahaha.

Other considerations would be expense vs return.

How much would you learn/contacts made, vs how long would it take for the simple expense of the trip to see a return in your business. ie how many Glock 76b's (or whatever firearm you'd sign on to carry) would you have to sell just to break even on said trip. Thousands, most likely, so in actuary simplicity not feasible.

Or ...do a dual vacation for yourself & the wife, with a tie in to shot show.

So, I received a flyer today about the upcoming event in January 2020. It looks interesting. And it is Vegas, which a delightful epicenter of debaucherous adventures.

Anyone been to one and is it worth it?
I've been there times. Awesome! Get hotel early. I don't think I even got to see everything. Don't expect to get to all of it in one day. First year i went, I left building at 6pm and realized I never ate. Come out, it's dark, time to hit In n Out. A lot of walking. Each year has been great. I might go in 2020.

I'm pretty sure Shot Show is what Heaven is like...except everything is free in Heaven. If I had the chance I would definitely go. Watch a couple of those, "So This Is Your First Time At Shot Show" videos before you go.

I have went the last two years, very much worth it. Wear good shoes.
Most companies have some type of show specials.
Lots of swag.
All the cool kids are there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews