JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The requirements for pin & weld or silver solder jobs seems ridiculous for AR15 owners. If I wanted to slap a short barrel on my stocked lower, I could just swap uppers in less time than it would take to unthread a barrel extension device that was tightened on. What am I missing?

Last Edited:
A demonstration of your intention to not make an illegal NFA item.

Rifle barrels need to be 16" long, minimum. The regulations allow you to count permanent attachments toward that 16" - which is a bonus in your favor. But you're looking that gift horse in the mouth, instead of realizing that they could have just said the minimum length is chamber + rifling, only.

In general, the laws aren't there to physically prevent you from breaking them. This law is more about helping your not accidentally get in trouble.

As a more practical matter - what's easier to carry? A way to unscrew your flash hider, or another upper? I can take my HK91 hider off by hand.

61354c009e2b4.jpeg.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top