JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend and I were talking about suppressors and trying to get them off the NFA list
I said I had some excuse as to why they were on there
Him,being anti gubment started ranting about how after prohibition the agents needed something to do so they made up the list. Didn't have a good argument against that
So yeah it's all out dated

Great Depression and poaching.

Make the suppressor a out of reach to buy and tax for common folks and a penalty so high it would force them to compliance because who else would care for their family in such rough times.

All makes sense to me.

Make the suppressor a out of reach to buy and tax for common folks and a penalty so high it would force them to compliance because who else would care for their family in such rough times.

All makes sense to me.
There's a REASON I call the guy "Fascist Douchebag Roosevelt," ya know...

All makes sense to me.
indian-guns-gov.jpg

Great post Heretic. Our government has killed thousands of American citizens - some justified, some not. It's rounded up thousands of citizens and thrown them into internment camps. Anyone who trusts the government to protect you, and not turn on you hasn't read history books. Anyone who thinks that restrictive laws against guns is a good thing shouldn't complain when they get shoved into the ovens or lined up next to a shallow ditch on their knees, because they are the ones who propped up the regime and shackled the potential for resistance.

As time goes on and technology advances, i began to question the validity of certain firearm laws. Particularly the SBS laws. In my opinion a short barreled shotgun now a days should hardly be considered an illegal firearm. With most handguns in the semi auto category carrying 10, 15+ rounds and most semi auto rifles standardizing 30 round mags. How can a shotgun carrying 2, 3, 4 rounds be any more dangerous or threatening than the modern defense pistol?

I would love to hear some opinions and get some more insight on the matter.

You are totally missing the point of the law. The point is not firepower or lethality. The point is concealability.

Your argument here is based on a completely false premise.

Here is Texas Ranger Frank Hamer, Jr showing off guns recovered after the final shootout with Bonnie and Clyde.

In the upper left corner he is holding Bonnie's favorite gun: a 20 gauge Remington 11 with the stock and barrel chopped down. In the upper right corner he holds Clyde's BAR, which he had stolen from an armory. In the lower left photo he holds a Winchester Model 1887 10 gauge lever action shotgun, which had not been cut down.

In the lower right, he holds a Remington Model 8 semiauto in .35 Remington, which has a custom 20 round magazine installed. This rifle was used by Texas Ranger Frank Hamer, Sr during the shootout that killed Bonnie and Clyde.

fhjr.jpg

Frank got confused or his dad did.That gun he is holding in the lower right pic is a Model 81 that was built after 1940. Also that is a 15 round mag built by Police Officer Equipment Company not a 20 round mag. This is the Model 8 Frank Sr used in the 1934 shootout. Note the standard mag.
snapshot20091117081411.jpg

You are totally missing the point of the law. The point is not firepower or lethality. The point is concealability.

Your argument here is based on a completely false premise.
Concealable or not a sawn off shotgun is hardly a firearm i would consider any more dangerous than most of the modern firearms on the market today.

To me it seems silly to keep something like that away from the people given that there are much more practical options on the market that easily hold more firepower.

I just find it interesting that you have to register and SBR AR15 with less than a 16 in bbl but not an AR pistol the only difference is a stock. You can have a Taurus judge or a TC Encore with a 6 in bbl that shoots .410 but not a SBS the only difference is rifling.

I can take a pistol and make it into a rifle then back to a pistol but if it start out as a rifle it become a SBR if I make it into a pistol.

So now tell me again how any of these laws are going to stop a bad guy from putting a stock on an AR pistol. Running a drill down the barrel of the Judge to make it a smooth bore or doing what the bad guys did in the old days and cut down legal guns to fit their needs.

If they can smuggle guns into Mexico from the US and all over the world (we don't sell RPGs here so they did not come from us) don't you think they can smuggle full auto into the US from Mexico.

It's just the bad guys have not chosen to find them yet or they would have them. If there is a market for them it will be filled.

All these law only affect us honest folks and no one else.

Look at Marijuana laws it is against Federal law and yet states chose to ignore federal law and make it legal any way. Is it because the feds chose not to do anything and ignore it that they can get away with it or is it that the people fought for it and the feds know they will lose in the end anyway if they fight.

Many states have said screw federal gun laws on suppressors and guns made in that state but unlike Marijuana not enough folks are willing to say screw the feds and do it without permission. Yes there is a case in Kansas on the Suppressor subject going on now but most of us are waiting for the outcome rather than pushing the limits. Why because we are honest and believe in rule of law. Until we really push back it will not change. The reason Suppressor are doing so well is because a group of folks have lobbied, advertised and shown they are not evil and its gaining traction. So until we start pushing back hard (but not in a threatening way) it will never change.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top