JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good morning,

I did a quick forum search before posting and saw a similar thread with one reply from 2012, just wanted to see if any new light had been shed on the subject. Does anyone know of a good spot where I could set up a target, run a couple miles (either a circuit or out and back) and return to my point of origin to draw and fire? Seems like an interesting way to get the blood flowing and add stress/fatigue into the mix.

Safety is, of course, priority over all else and I'd take reasonable precautions (empty chamber while moving, check behind the berm if nobody else is out shooting, bring a friend just in case, specifically tailored first aid kit and backup means of communication in case of bad cell phone coverage).

One possibility that comes to mind is the site of the recent Mt. Hood cleanup but if anyone else can suggest a place, I'd appreciate any input. I'm still getting to know the outdoor shooting areas in this region -- have only been to Hood, Tillamook and around Mary's Peak so far.

Thank you!

How 'bout set up at a large shooting pit, run around the rim, and back down to the shooting position? At least you could keep and eye on your targets and vehicle while you're running. Just done disapear behind the berm in case of another shooter showing up and not knowing you're out there.

The 'Oz' pit in Mt Hood Nat Forest on the NF45 Rd would be a good one. It's close to a 200 yard range and real wide. You could get a good workout there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top