JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,
Can anyone help me out with finding a shooting spot reasonably close to PDX that I can sight in a Rifle at 100 Yards? I checked a few of the outdoor shooting areas here already and didn't see any updates that were recent. I don't want to drive for an hour with a truck packed with guns and people only to find out gates are closed or shooting is no longer allowed at chosen destination. Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Most places are going to be around an hour to get there from Portland. A big problem is that most of Mt Hood area, East & South of Estacada is still closed and the North block of the Santiam State Forest is still closed. The closures have pushed lots of people East to Tillamook State Forest and Mary's Peak West of Albany, or they go North to Yacolt Burn State Forest by Washougal WA. It's also tough to find a good 100 yard shooting site in any of those areas (too much foliage).

Looks like a drive, no matter where you go!

Here's a little help... Trash No Land website. On the Home page is an interactive map of public land places to shoot. Just click on the shooter icons to get the GPS location and some info about the site. On the website you'll find everything you need to know about shooting on public lands, so browse around.

There is also a page here, on NWFA in the Outdoor Section, about Info for shooting on public lands. That's where I post any important info & updates. Click 'Watch' thread and you'll get notified of any new posts.

We all need to help each other save our places to shoot, so be mindful of where you shoot, what you are shooting and be sure to clean up after you're done. We don't need to feed the Anti-gunners with more ammo that helps them shut us down!

Thanks!
Bill

why drive over an hour to sight in a gun or two? English Pit at Cama, Wash is a short drive. Over two hours drive, round trip, with pickup, you would have cost of gas to consider and most of the day is spent looking for a place to shoot with no guaranteed gates will be open.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top