JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep meaning to pick up one of these.
823683D3-A601-4A16-8656-1025CFEB807C-4032-0000049E3A05A17C_tmp.jpg

There's a gentleman at the range I use that has the wooden box with the drop front, lid that goes up and holds the spotting scope. It's a thing of beauty. Looks to me to hold at least four guns. He's said shooting his dads guns so I figure the box must be pretty old as he looks to be my age or more (a little North of 60). The guy shoots one handed and looks to be putting most everything in the black on a 50' slow fire target at 50'. Oozes old time Class!

Sounds like one of the old Pachmayr Shooting Boxes. If you did a Search on fleaBay for "Pachmayr Deluxe" a couple of them should pop up. They are Heavy Duty and Heavyweight but if the Bench at the range is the right height they're great. Some were built with an "Adjustable" mount for the Spotting Scope and that helped when the bench wasn't the right height.

Some were built with an "Adjustable" mount for the Spotting Scope and that helped when the bench wasn't the right height.
that was an optional extra cost that almost everybody added. Worked for those of different amounts of 'tallness' as well......the one I have for sale also has a magnetic strip to hold spare magazines handy.

Along the lines of a wagon; their are several places selling a Nylon wagon that will collapse for storage and transporting. Very handy for more than just a Range Cart. Large wheels make it easy to pull. We use one and can put 8 of the .50 caliber ammo cans in it at a time.

I'm also a wagoneer! I need one because I live some 85 miles from my gun club, so I bring everything. I've beem using mine for two years now and it's still perfect! Another nice thing is after I return home I leave the loaded wagon in the living room while I clean up and replace targets, etc, then I neatly repack it and roll it into the master closet. Out of the way and ready to go! :) 2C04C7FA-9ACE-43A2-BE27-C6AED0DFC877.jpeg

Sgt, One of the nice things is that they can be folded up and stored in a pretty small space. Camping World is where we got ours, originally for the MoHo, but it works great for the Gunshow too.

Depends on the shooting sport. Bullseye shooters need a spotting scope and they shoot from one
bench. Shooting IDPA, IPSC, Steel you move from stage to stage. You don't need a spotting scope.
A bag works better. Shooting Highpower Rifle we use carts to transport our gear. Moving
"Across the Course" 200-300-600 yards.
View attachment 408537

That's an awesome rig! If I didn't have the wagon I'd be all over it!

My Grand dad had a range box that he made. It was like a piece of fine furniture by todays standards, hand cut dovetail joints, hand rubbed finish and brass fittings. I wish it were still in the family.
My girlfriend when I was 16 got me one like this. I still have it. Made out of walnut with a spot for a spotting scope, slots for two pistols, and ammo/tool storage compartment.

mine looks a lot like this one, still hope to connect with someone that needs such a deal; don't know what keeps happening to my photos of it; black covering with a magnetic strip to hold spare mags along the folding lid; geezeritis has crept upon me & made it Too Big a Deal to wrassle with. If yer interested speak up & I'll post more photos.

3ac40780900b6aa42cf9e0f4ba44a7b8.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads