JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The fire danger is extreme with an industrial shut down level 4. No one is allowed to work in the woods right now. I don't see anything about shooting but it's still probably not a good idea. :
You can call one of the numbers listed just to be sure.
I don't even want to waste someone's time having to take my call, and I can absolutely wait to shoot at another time when it's safer.

We usually get out here once or twice a year so maybe next time it'll be a green light :)

Until then, I'll be just fine with my weekly visits to the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.

There are a couple spots that I have gone while there. First is the gravel pit thats just east of HWY 97 on the South entrance rd, from the map it looks like the rd. is NF9720 Lava cast forest. The second one might be a little harder this time of year depending on snow and the vehicle you take, Follow S. Century drive south from Sunriver ( it makes a couple turns) for a few miles and turn right on rd. NF-4032, there is another quarry there I believe the area is Pistol Butte, We made it in there with my truck last year at this time but they were a little shy on snow then, probably just over a foot on the ground. Good luck.

I have coordinates if you are able to find them that way;
1st spot- N 43° 51.932 W 121° 23.300

2nd spot- N 43° 49.389 W 121° 34.048

Hope this gives you a spot.

Thanks for this. I went to the gravel pit today and really liked it. There was another guy there but we didn't bother each other

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top