JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the middle of convincing myself to buy more premium "fighting" rifle and at the same time, a bullpup. Here's the problem: I'm left handed and every video I see, they're all shot.... wait for it.... from the right side, like 90%of the population would also do. No surprise. The concern is eating a mouthful of hot brass every time I shoot as it almost looks like the ejection port would be covered by their jaw. I the model that really catches my eye is the X95, in ODG ideally. I've thought about getting a kel-tec RDB because the ejection port would be a non issue but I don't want to spend 4 figures or so for a gun held together by general store hardware so that's probably not gonna go in my safe. Does anyone have much experience shooting bullpups from the left side? Is brass-to-mouth a problem? Are there good ways to remedy this? Am i just wasting my time on a rifle not made for my people? Not terribly interested in the $500 premium for a left hand specific model on the X95. Thoughts and comments welcome

As a right hander, but have shot it left handed around corners during tactical two gun matches, I didn't catch any brass off the face from a Tavor SAR.

That being said, if I were you I'd just get a left handed one.

Keltec gets a bad wrap for the hardware, but it's stupid to focus on aesthetics like that compared to reliability and accuracy. I'd look at those two as most important. I remember Keltec RDB's on sale at palmetto for $700 before the plandemic.

I'd hold what you have and wait for the next downturn and then pick up what you want.

do you have experience with the RDB? Its was something I had interest in for a while, but for stated reasons, I'm hesitant

do you have experience with the RDB? Its was something I had interest in for a while, but for stated reasons, I'm hesitant

I have experience with the RFB, which is the predecessor .308 version that ejects forward.

I don't have personal experience with the RDB, but have watched lots of video reviews on it and based on my experience with the predecessor would be fine with it. The best part of the RDB is the easy ambidextrousness of it. Only reason I don't own one is that the palmetto sale a while ago was after 1639 passed and I didn't feel like jumping through that hoop.

Right hand - left eye here.
Probably the most confusing for others to watch...
RH pistols - LH rifles, etc. But I've been used to taking brass across my face for years with RH rifles and don't have a problem with fast chambering a bolt gun. (Because I'm right handed.)
I second the Steyr AUG. It was comfy to shoot when turned around.

But I bought a PS90 and I love it.

I'm in the middle of convincing myself to buy more premium "fighting" rifle and at the same time, a bullpup. Here's the problem: I'm left handed and every video I see, they're all shot.... wait for it.... from the right side, like 90%of the population would also do. No surprise. The concern is eating a mouthful of hot brass every time I shoot as it almost looks like the ejection port would be covered by their jaw. I the model that really catches my eye is the X95, in ODG ideally. I've thought about getting a kel-tec RDB because the ejection port would be a non issue but I don't want to spend 4 figures or so for a gun held together by general store hardware so that's probably not gonna go in my safe. Does anyone have much experience shooting bullpups from the left side? Is brass-to-mouth a problem? Are there good ways to remedy this? Am i just wasting my time on a rifle not made for my people? Not terribly interested in the $500 premium for a left hand specific model on the X95. Thoughts and comments welcome

If you're not DEAD SET on a bullpuppy, consider an AR15 LH bcg and upper receiver.....

;)

I'm lefty also. If you want a true bull pup and also want it lefty easy choice is the AUG can be easily converted to lefty ejection. I also build a lefty AR for shooting suppressed.

AUG is great. It is not a good choice if you want to run suppressed because of the piston port pop. It would also be difficult to find just the receiver for sale, unlike an AR.

Personally I don't find that 1639 infringement much of a deterrent from buying a complete rifle because it doesn't impose any more infringements on a purchaser than a CPL or pistol database already does. (Except the $18 fee and three minute class.). Having newly purchased pistols, a CPL, NFA items and a C&R license I'm already on the radar as a known gun owner.

AUG is great. It is not a good choice if you want to run suppressed because of the piston port pop. It would also be difficult to find just the receiver for sale, unlike an AR.

Personally I don't find that 1639 infringement much of a deterrent from buying a complete rifle because it doesn't impose any more infringements on a purchaser than a CPL or pistol database already does. (Except the $18 fee and three minute class.). Having newly purchased pistols, a CPL, NFA items and a C&R license I'm already on the radar as a known gun owner.

Even here in UK we can buy a Steyr AUG - true, it's not a semi, and you need a dith of grep to activate the thing, but it's still an AUG.

If you're not DEAD SET on a bullpuppy, consider an AR15 LH bcg and upper receiver.....

;)
Have a couple ARs and never felt worried about eating brass, but that's because I'm not sucking on the ejection port ;). Thought about getting a lefty AR once a long time ago, just never was an issue with that model

Have a couple ARs and never felt worried about eating brass, but that's because I'm not sucking on the ejection port ;). Thought about getting a lefty AR once a long time ago, just never was an issue with that model

I'm left-handed, have multiple ARs (and other semi-auto longguns) and will never own a left-handed AR.

Look at the FN2000 it is battle proven and ejects out of the front. There are others like the RDB but I've never been impressed with KelTec. I don't care for bullpups in general not only due to the brass in the face issue, but also they are prone to crappy trigger pulls because of the necessary linkage involved and I'm not a fan of explosions going of right next to my face. At least with a conventional rifle exploding it is out in front of your face unlike a bullpup it is on top of your face. For me personally, the disadvantages of a bullpup out weight the advantages.

My HTA bullpup kit came with this optional brass deflector for left handed people, maybe something like this is an option for whatever bullpup you're looking at. 20201228_115342.jpg

I would plan on getting the lefty bolt and converting to LH. I really like my LH SAR. I would NOT shoot a RH version though. It would hit you in the face. I believe the bolts are convertible as well, but my Tavor experience is SAR and I have had a general nightmare converting my 9mm conversion to LH. The rest of the conversion is easy. If you go this route and need a barrel wrench, I have 2 Tavor barrel wrenches. If you need one, give me a holler.

I also use LH uppers for ARs save PCCs. Saves on burns.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top