JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not trying to be argumentative here...
But Humans can do weird or " that was not what I expected " kinds of things when shot....regardless of where they are shot or with what caliber or bullet type....

Again not trying to argue....Just saying what I have seen from my experience.
Andy

Not trying to be argumentative here...
But Humans can do weird or " that was not what I expected " kinds of things when shot....regardless of where they are shot or with what caliber or bullet type....

Again not trying to argue....Just saying what I have seen from my experience.
Andy

Kinda like that dude that got attacked at his house and took like 5 .45ACP rounds including a head shot. And lived.

None of this woulda happened if the chick would have just parked somewhere else. I've seen women get their men beat up on many occasions. In this case, he ended up dead.

Que the MGTOW people...
And none of this would have happened if the self -appointed parking monitor with a gun would have minded his own business rather than being a wannabe cop...

It just blows me away certain calibers are extolled as if they are some sort of magical death ray. But I get it, 9mm sucks 45acp rules (unless you own a 10mm), Glock's are plastic garbage and 1911 were made by God himself in the form a man called JMB, of course AR's and .223/5.56 should have been done away years ago and a glorious return to wood and steel and thirty caliber. Just hilarious

It just blows me away certain calibers are extolled as if they are some sort of magical death ray. But I get it, 9mm sucks 45acp rules (unless you own a 10mm), Glock's are plastic garbage and 1911 were made by God himself in the form a man called JMB, of course AR's and .223/5.56 should have been done away years ago and a glorious return to wood and steel and thirty caliber. Just hilarious

Exactly! :D

Just go about your business, be the grey man... Then everyone gets to go home...

Don't worry about who is parking in what parking space, normal folks consider this stuff trivial... Not worth losing or taking a life over...
Or call the police.
Or report it to the property owner, and let them deal with it.

Not the person who first broke the law? She started this chain of events, like it or not. That's a fact.

Playing a bit of Devil's advocate here, as I have a disabled mother. I have been on both sides of this verbally. I politely asked a healthy man to move his car once. He was illegally parked in the last handicapped spot. I have also been berated by others for using a handicapped spot with my mother in the car and her placard on my mirror.

Really, I see nothing wrong with asking someone to move before I call the cops.
She committed a civil infraction, not a criminal one.
His interaction with her should have been limited to politely asking her to move. Otherwise, call the cops or report her to the property owner.
Making a choice to carry concealed means, by definition, that any negative interaction you have with someone has the potential to escalate into a lethal encounter. So your own behavior needs to be moderated to reflect that reality.

I wonder if this is small town boredom. Barney Fife, nothing better to do. Most people always have something better to do than worry about a parking spot they aren't using.

I think your commentary is kind to the shooter.

My opinion of him as an individual is less so.
Based on things that have come out since the shooting, to me, he appears to be many things:
Anti-social
Antagonistic
Insecure
Fragile in the ego
Racist

I hope the State's Attorney's office gets a conviction with this individual.
IMO, he's an incredibly poor example of a CHL/CWP holder and sheds a bad light on those that behave in measure commensurate with the responsibility of carrying.

Something else to consider.
Could McGlockton have had a reasonable belief, based upon what he had been told inside the store and what he heard Djrecka yelling, that Djrecka was about to assault his girlfriend or had already done so?
Lets reverse the situation for a moment here.
Lets say you are in the store, and a customer alerts you to the fact that your wife or GF is in a shouting match with an angry black guy out in the parking lot.
Lets say you go outside and observe some random black guy screaming obscenities and racial epitaphs at your wife, and you see that he is close enough to her car window to reach inside or hit her.
Are you going to calmly stroll over there and politely ask what the problem is and request that he please refrain from yelling at your wife?
Or, will your protective instincts jack your adrenaline up, causing you to instinctively defend your wife from what you perceive to be a potential assault?
McGlockton had the drop on Djrecka and could have easily punched him and knocked him out. But he didn't do that. He pushed him away from his girlfriend, and then retreated when he saw the gun drawn.
Bottom line: if you want to be a parking monitor and wannabe cop, then leave your gun at home.

I took a defensive carry/shooting class a couple years ago where they wanted to make a point about considering ALL options when you are in a position to possibly intervene. One after another, most of us made the choice to get involved in something because we perceived it one particular way. It pointed out that you can, if you allow it, get a bit of tunnel vision. The point of the exercise was to show that you often have one or more other options that don't have to lead to a possible deadly encounter. I'm thankful for the training because it caused me to re-think how I can plan for various events. We all had airsoft guns and so it was a safe 'live fire' event - and I did happen to drop the bad guy, but it put me immediately in another situation that was kind of a no-win scenario. Really would be a good idea for folks to get that kind of training at least a few times in their lives. I think sometimes you just can't consider all the possibilities - and while you never will, it's nice to have a realistic challenge to expand your mind to other options to avoid trouble in the first place.
What was the class called? Who hosted it?

His interaction with her should have been limited to politely asking her to move. Otherwise, call the cops or report her to the property owner.
Making a choice to carry concealed means, by definition, that any negative interaction you have with someone has the potential to escalate into a lethal encounter. So your own behavior needs to be moderated to reflect that reality.
I just have had experiences where even friendly interactions or polite interactions have led to the other party irrationally go ballistic.

Regardless of what follows and whose fault it was, the start to the mess is the civil infraction. Unless audio were present we will never know what was said and with what nuances.

Those things might be important. Clearly if he attempted to deescalate things, it didn't work. His prior actions would make me doubt that he tried, but I don't know this to be fact. It is conjecture at this point.

Andrew Branca at Law of Self Defense went over an interesting case where the initial aggressor regained his innocents by retreating 33 feet on his weekly podcast. Law of Self Defense LIVE Show

The aggressor had a podcast? :confused: ... Isn't English wonder ful to try and work out thoughts? I love reading those collections of hilarious headlines!!! ;)

Kinda like that dude that got attacked at his house and took like 5 .45ACP rounds including a head shot. And lived.

There was a LEO that emptied two mags of .45ACP into a burly fellow that wasn't even on anything... the offender kept on. The LEO then reported that he was changing to 9mm with 17rd, one in the pipe, and (2) 17rd mags on the off side. This is what I generally carry. 52rds of awesome goodness!

It just blows me away certain calibers are extolled as if they are some sort of magical death ray. But I get it, 9mm sucks 45acp rules (unless you own a 10mm), Glock's are plastic garbage and 1911 were made by God himself in the form a man called JMB, of course AR's and .223/5.56 should have been done away years ago and a glorious return to wood and steel and thirty caliber.

Dems fightin words!!! :p;)

Generally agree, except most people are not going to react well to being told to "Eff off, I park where I wanna" if they are concerned enough to intervene in the first place. Me... I wanna say something to these parking cheaters, but I don't. It's as you say above.

Something else to consider.
Could McGlockton have had a reasonable belief, based upon what he had been told inside the store and what he heard Djrecka yelling, that Djrecka was about to assault his girlfriend or had already done so?
Lets reverse the situation for a moment here.
Lets say you are in the store, and a customer alerts you to the fact that your wife or GF is in a shouting match with an angry black guy out in the parking lot.
Lets say you go outside and observe some random black guy screaming obscenities and racial epitaphs at your wife, and you see that he is close enough to her car window to reach inside or hit her.
Are you going to calmly stroll over there and politely ask what the problem is and request that he please refrain from yelling at your wife?
Or, will your protective instincts jack your adrenaline up, causing you to instinctively defend your wife from what you perceive to be a potential assault?
McGlockton had the drop on Djrecka and could have easily punched him and knocked him out. But he didn't do that. He pushed him away from his girlfriend, and then retreated when he saw the gun drawn.
Bottom line: if you want to be a parking monitor and wannabe cop, then leave your gun at home.

1. There is no reason, and never will be, for my wife to be in a shouting match with ANYONE in a parking lot.
2. My wife never shouts.
3. If I go outside and find an angry man, of any race/color, getting out of control with my wife I am going to run over and step in between them... shielding my wife. My commentary would start with "Hey, whoa whoa whoa!!! What is going on? What is the problem? Please step back!" No amount of adrenaline is going to cause me to lay the first touch on him. Yelling at him is probably not good either. He deserves a chance to calm down and air his grievance! Violence is not the first step in problem solving!!!!!!!!!!
4. "We" go from there (him and me). Does he escalate? Refuse to step away? Act all crazy? Push me? How hard? There is a whole decision tree and actions/reactions should not be on auto-pilot.
5. That was no mere push away from the girlfriend... that was a violent assault. I still wouldn't have shot him unless he came at me again, and only then because of the potential force difference between him and me.
6. Agree with your bottom line.
7. All theoretical, but it's not my first rodeo. Makum sense??

It is worth noting that Djrecka, the guy who was making such a big deal about illegal parking in a handicap spot, made a choice to illegally park himself when he confronted McGlockton's girlfriend.

It is worth noting that Djrecka, the guy who was making such a big deal about illegal parking in a handicap spot, made a choice to illegally park himself when he confronted McGlockton's girlfriend.

How was Djrecka illegally parked. The only two places that I know of to be illegally parked in a private parking lot are in a handy cap or fire lane?

How was Djrecka illegally parked. The only two places that I know of to be illegally parked in a private parking lot are in a handy cap or fire lane?
He did not take an extra 5 seconds to properly park in a marked spot. He was in such a rush to confront McGlocktons girlfriend when he pulled in that he parked in the middle of the lot, at a 90 degree angle to the handicap spot.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top