JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not here to argue, as that is a waste of time.

You're in a bar ordering a roiund. Drunk hits on your wife or girlfriend. Right up in her chest. She gives you "the look." You step in, the guy shouts at you and you shove him away. He draws and kills you.

Good law?

It has been said over and over don't touch. The law is not perfect.

Can you legally carry in a bar where minors aren't prohibited?

Sounds like he would be guilty of unlawful possession and him being intoxicated at the time would hang himself in any court trial. Not to mention, I'm faster I'd beat him on the draw ;) haha

Joking aside, I don't see that your example bears any relevance. In most of the country firearms are banned in bars. I'm not familiar with the laws in Florida, but they definitely are in Washington.

Furthermore, I'm not quite sure what's your example means. Is he sexually assaulting her by touching her body or is he verbally 'hitting on her' your example is vague.

In either case, I wouldn't worry much, shoving is for children and people who don't know how to strike.

Your whole premise plays into the what if world of infinite's that's are so obscure it's no worth discussing.

Don't know about Washington, but in Oregon it is legal to carry in a bar. I was told by an OSP that it is legal to be drunk and carry.

I disagree with the statement that you cant carry a gun in a bar in Washington.

Even in Washington not all bars are gun free zones. Only those areas in a bar that are off limits to persons under 21 are off limits to guns. An example would be Black Angus, drinks are served through the establishment however only small portions are restricted as off limits to under 21 and guns. However the drunks are not restricted to any specific area in the bar. Yes some bars are closed in their entirety to persons under 21 (and guns) and some bars have postings at the front door that imply that it is unlawful to enter with a gun however still allow persons in for food service.

BTW the whole guns and bars conversation is off topic.:rolleyes:

I suppose cranking off a shot without thinking of applying basic fundamentals to hitting an intended target is preferential even if it means missing and killing someone in the store.

Honestly, you're probably damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you do enough practice so you can just point, shoot, hit -- a prosecutor will spin that against you (practicing for murder). If you don't practice, the prosecutor will use that against you (incompetent and unreasonable). Literally everything you do or don't do, and everything you say (but NOT anything you don't say -- 5th amendment and all that) is going to be used against you. Your bumper stickers, your books, your internet posting history -- anything that the prosecutor can get and use to advantage, he/she will try to get admitted into evidence.

No time to read the last few pages, I just wanted to drop this video here since Andrew is better at stating the legal facts than I am, and he answers the objections from team McGlockton

To skip the marketing promo go to time 7:30 in the video

No time to read the last few pages, I just wanted to drop this video here since Andrew is better at stating the legal facts than I am, and he answers the objections from team McGlockton

To skip the marketing promo go to time 7:30 in the video

This gentleman essentially explains why all the reasons people claim Drejka will be going to jail are not legal evidence, admissible in court, or pertinent to the self defense case.

@rscinsc @po18guy

Don't know about Washington, but in Oregon it is legal to carry in a bar. I was told by an OSP that it is legal to be drunk and carry.

I like Alaska... they have a very strict "No alcohol and guns" policy. Arrests are made. (At least on Alaska State Troopers...:rolleyes:)

He also describes it as a "marginal" case of self-defense.

He's got a real fight for his freedom. But I think he will get away with it. I think the jury is going to look at the viciousness of the attack and not at the two three steps back. They are going say that poor man. You never know how a jury is going to go.

Sigh....
More gun control for lawful gun owners, and more gun free zones for the [drunk] bad guys....

Not saying you are wrong... but AK has more guns than any other state... gun ownership at close to 62%. There's guns guns guns, drunks often shoot where n when they shouldn't, but drunk bad guys are not.

Edit: and I'm not sure how their laws create your stated "gun free zones".

Last Edited:
Not saying you are wrong... but AK has more guns than any other state... gun ownership at close to 62%. There's guns guns guns, drunks often shoot where n when they shouldn't, but drunk bad guys are not.

This is true. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads