JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OUR PRESIDENT, What the heck is he thinking?
I-635 in Texas is being rebuilt with underground tolls from I-35 to I-45
and is contracted to a CHINESE firm for over $5 billion.
Diane Sawyer reporting on U.S. bridge projects going to the Chinese.... NOT Americans.
The bridges are right here in the U.S. and yet Obama has approved for Chinese contractors to come
in and do the work. What about jobs for Americans???
Watch this video. It doesn't take long to view.
This one should be tough for the supporters of the current regime to swallow....AND it comes from ABC NEWS
U.S.A.Bridges and Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms
Shocking to say the least! This video is a jaw-dropper that will make you sick.
(It was also shocking that ABC was actually reporting this story.)
The lead-in with Obama promising jobs in the U.S. by improving our infrastructure is so typical of all his promises!
Our tax dollars are at work - for CHINA !!!
I pray all the unemployed see this and cast their votes accordingly in 2012!
CLICK here: U.S. Bridges, Roads Being Built by Chinese Firms | Video - ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/us-...513?tab=9482930?ion=1206853&playlist=14594944

I for one am mad as HE double lolipops

Though I am still uncertain as to who i will vote for in November - this is a state issue not a federal issue. The states turned down federal money so that they could chose who they wanted as contractors. This is not an Obama or federal issue.

Respectfully

James Ruby

This is looking like the new trend. Don't forget about the bay bridge. I believe reading NYC had contracted with Chinese firms for a bridge and infrastructure for the subway system.

I know the bay bridge project also avoided using federal funds so they could outsource it. I believe they saved $400 million on a $7 billion project. Doesn't seem like a large enough savings to me especially with the unemployment rate they had.

Questions to ask for each situation:
- was the winner the lowest bid, the most capable, or both?
- is there something else (legally or illegally) influencing the decision?
- e.g. will the Chinese buy/support their bonds later if they win the deal?

Peter

although I don't support the idea... this does not mean chinese labor are coming here to do the job...

it just means a chinese company is the contractor and any profits made goes to that company.

it still creates jobs, and jobs are still paid at prevailing wages...

no different than toyota building a plant in america... it's a japanese company and profits go to japan, but guess what, it's made in the USA...do you know that more than 70% of your ford was made overseas? only final assembly was done stateside...

next time you buy a new car, there is a sheet that states parts content country of origin, you will be amazed...

I think i will avoid driving over any bridge built by China in USA, based on products I have purchased here made in China. Likely poorly made junk

PS why is it when something like this is posted the last presidents name is always bought up and blamed for it.
it's as tho this president is not responsible for anything, just saying

It's really sad! I was at the coast a while back and stoppd at Cape Fowlweather. In the gift shop were some walking sticks. I looked at one and was disgusted to find it was made in China! Seems they want it all. big and small.

Peter

Exactly. While I am a fan of giving a 'bid credit' to local companies (count their bid as 10% lower or some such,) would you complain that Obama was wasting our money if the government had gone with a US-based company that charged 50% more?

Also, "Obama" didn't sign off on this. I really doubt an individual road construction project ever sees his desk. Heck, it probably wasn't even a partisan official that had final say, probably a career bureaucrat in some windowless office somewhere...

And as others have said, it will still be US workers that do the work. Yeah, I'd prefer that the profits go to a US company, but it's still creating US jobs.

Does anyone really believe that the POTUS, be it this one, the last one or any of them in the last few decades is directly responsible or has knowldege of the details of every highway project going on?

I also highly doubt that they are going to bring in all chinese labor to do it either, US Workers will be on the job, you can bet our Unions were all over that and had it written into the bid before it went public.

Peter

It all comes down to bids. There are a lot of US based firms that need legit competition. Look at the special flowers working on the bay bridge.

It's all capitalism, the Chinese just happen to be better at it than us. Can't be a capitalist and a protectionist, and good omelets require broken eggs. I want an omelet now.

It all comes down to bids. There are a lot of US based firms that need legit competition. Look at the special flowers working on the bay bridge.

It's all capitalism, the Chinese just happen to be better at it than us. Can't be a capitalist and a protectionist, and good omelets require broken eggs. I want an omelet now.

I wouldn't say they are "better" at it than us. More so their government is cheating the system because what would be illegal in America is not in China.

Is it cheating then? Or just different rules?

I doubt research would show them cheating at a higher rate than US cos., its just in the news more when they're caught because they're our current "Red Menace"

Its one thing to be given money and another to owe some one money. Bush made us subservient to China by backing the war on terror. The only thing nice out of all this is that China really doesnt want us to default on our loans not necessarily because they like us.

What concrete evidence is there of this statement "Like allowing our D5 nuclear warhead technology to be stolen in plain view." or is this simply a "I think this might have happened so it did."

So you think the president intentionally gave them that information, I woudl guess they got it through clandestine methods wihtout anyones approvals.

Respectfully

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews