JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't blame the unemployment on the current administration. The house of cards was coming down before he took office, I was one of the casualties when the housing market dropped and construction Co went under, that was before the 08 election. I am not saying I am happy with much that has happened since then, but the housing crash and economic fall was set in motion well before the current pack of thieves got in the door.

I agree with what you have said here completely. But I do Blame the current Administration for the way they are handling it. It is very sad and stuff like this only adds fuel to the fire. But keep in mind that Bush was in office a very long time and we did very well as a country. The crap didn't hit the fan until the end, shortly after we had a Major shift in the House and Senate. Maybe it was just an unlucky coincidence, but I have a hard time in believing that.

The Buy American law has been staunchly opposed by Republicans from the get-go. Recall, McCain from 2009 :"I think it has policy changes in it which are fundamentally bad for America. For example, their 'Buy America' provision: that's protectionism, and that did not work in any time in our history."
A strong, broad Buy-American clause in the stimulus bill could have prevented the off-shoring of U.S. tax dollars intended to create jobs for unemployed Americans.

The Buy American law has been staunchly opposed by Republicans from the get-go. Recall, McCain from 2009 :"I think it has policy changes in it which are fundamentally bad for America. For example, their 'Buy America' provision: that's protectionism, and that did not work in any time in our history."
A strong, broad Buy-American clause in the stimulus bill could have prevented the off-shoring of U.S. tax dollars intended to create jobs for unemployed Americans.

Sounds reasonable. Regardless of what the laws are, it only makes sense at this desperate time to spend as much of our tax dollars internally and create work for American Workers. But researching this, I see it is truly a state issue. The Feds have their hands tied with the current laws, if the project does not use government funding then they do not apply. No matter how much that pains me to say. Sp then we make full circle back to Congress making ineffectual laws that can be easily manipulated. DRAT!

I would guess that the negotiations for the public works in question were completed well before the unemployment rate ticked above 6%. Hindsight is always 20/20, as it were.

this is a thread about the present Administration. Not Bush's. Nowhere in the article does it mention Bush. Can you not defend Obama on the facts of his Administration? Or must you always try to redirect. Whenever I see " but bush did this, bush did that uh uh bush but uh bush, I know I have won and you have failed miserably, the argument is over. LOL

Government policy and issues don't stop and start on inauguration day. Government doesn't happen in a vacuum. You may want this to be about the present administration and it may be disconcerting to know that Bush and perhaps other presidents had similar policies in place but unless you're willing to say that government regardless of POTUS has a bad policy then all you are realling doing is stirring the pot with indifference to the whole story and the truth.

Its one thing to be given money and another to owe some one money. Bush made us subservient to China by backing the war on terror. The only thing nice out of all this is that China really doesnt want us to default on our loans not necessarily because they like us.

What concrete evidence is there of this statement "Like allowing our D5 nuclear warhead technology to be stolen in plain view." or is this simply a "I think this might have happened so it did."

So you think the president intentionally gave them that information, I woudl guess they got it through clandestine methods wihtout anyones approvals.

Respectfully

James Ruby

I'm not saying it is a SOLE Administration issue, just pointing out BOTH sides of the isle are poison, and the Clinton Administration hindered the investigation (and counter measures), and aside from the fact that one of my long-time Buddies (of over 24years) has been in Naval Intelligence (for a major portion of that time) has corroborated this happened (I don't expect you to believe me, or him) here's a couple links for you to ponder... believe what you will. It took a few years to wash the ('85-'93 era) government "stink" off of me after I got out of The Army.

BREACH AT LOS ALAMOS - A special report. - China Stole Nuclear Secrets For Bombs, U.S. Aides Say - Special Report - NYTimes.com

News and Current Events (more like a site with a bunch of links to news stories of every type from many sources.

I agree with what you have said here completely. But I do Blame the current Administration for the way they are handling it. It is very sad and stuff like this only adds fuel to the fire. But keep in mind that Bush was in office a very long time and we did very well as a country. The crap didn't hit the fan until the end, shortly after we had a Major shift in the House and Senate. Maybe it was just an unlucky coincidence, but I have a hard time in believing that.

He was in office a long time, and the problem may well have started even before he took office. The key is that we were living well and still are living in a house of cards. Sure everything seemed peachy and great, everyone was buying 500k houses, 40K cars, big-screen TV's and generally over extending credit, then the smallest problem hurts a few, they drop, then a few more.. snowball is in motion, dominoes are falling, and the cards are dropping...

Like it or not the economy is in recovery, that did happen during this administration, I do not believe it was this administrations doing, it was you and me picking ourselves up. Again I am not happy with much of the rhetoric and things I see being done, but fact is we have hit the bottom and are on the way back up. I work in sales, I have done it for both construction and industrial products since 08, BOTH those sides of our economy are on the rise, demand for goods is up and people are working. Want to know something that people do not realize is holding up our recovery? It is big industry themselves, the underlying component manufacturers in many industries. Many big companies are so paranoid they have not been spooling back up or hiring to meet the demand you and I are creating. Lead times for many products are beyond long. Hard parts for those excavators you see digging and fixing the road, keeping a crew of people working... 22weeks+ for the core part to fix it, boom that breaks down and that crew is out of work because the OEM Mfg is holding back production of a $100 part out of fear...

We have a LONG way to go still, no doubt, but we are on the way.

I'm not saying it is a SOLE Administration issue, just pointing out BOTH sides of the isle are poison, and the Clinton Administration hindered the investigation (and counter measures), and aside from the fact that one of my long-time Buddies (of over 24years) has been in Naval Intelligence (for a major portion of that time) has corroborated this happened (I don't expect you to believe me, or him) here's a couple links for you to ponder... believe what you will. It took a few years to wash the ('85-'93 era) government "stink" off of me after I got out of The Army.

BREACH AT LOS ALAMOS - A special report. - China Stole Nuclear Secrets For Bombs, U.S. Aides Say - Special Report - NYTimes.com

News and Current Events (more like a site with a bunch of links to news stories of every type from many sources.

As some one that came out of the Chief of Naval Operations Special Projects ComSubDev group 1 - this happens on all sides - no country is immuned to this. Ooops - I forgot that I signed that one peice of paper forgetting all I ever knew. Forget about it. Read Blind Man's bluff - it is a interesting book.

I guess that if I had one point - the activities that Bush or any president is involved in has longer reaching fingers than the length of thier presedency - we are still reeling from some of the choices that Bush made as we will most certainly from Obama. To blame Obama for all the negative acitivity in his presedency is wrong - I feel that he stepped into a mess created mostly ( not all ) by Bush. So when us liberals bring up Bush again and again it is that taste that you could not get out of your mouth is stronger to us only because it is more recent.

In my mind I find it hard to beleive that anyone would ever want to be president, at best they are puppets doing others will but never getting credit for the good only the bad.
James Ruby

I wonder what you'll think of the taste "Obama-care" is going to leave in your mouth and for how long. News just came out a couple days ago from the CBO.... Rates are going up dramatically, and the cost to government is WAY BEYOND what the schmucks in office said it would cost. Hope you liked the movie, "Soilent Green" (sp?), because you may actually get to live it before too long. ;)

I wonder what you'll think of the taste "Obama-care" is going to leave in your mouth and for how long. News just came out a couple days ago from the CBO.... Rates are going up dramatically, and the cost to government is WAY BEYOND what the schmucks in office said it would cost. Hope you liked the movie, "Soilent Green" (sp?), because you may actually get to live it before too long. ;)

Speculation and sensationalism to prove a point - seems that is the Republican way.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top