JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,

It's been years since I shipped a handgun to an out of state FFL. I'm just wondering once I receive a copy of the purchaser's FFL what you all think is the most cost effective method of shipment. It used to be the USPS provided a reasonable service if I recollect correctly.

Thanks for your input,
JP9

If you are not an FFL, you can't, unfortunately, ship a handgun via USPS. That is indeed the least expensive, but not an option if unlicensed. You could have a local FFL mail it for you, though most charge a fee. So you are limited to a contract carrier. Unfortunately UPS an FedEx require handguns go overnight, which can be quite expensive, depending on the destination. It is not based upon any law, it is just their obnoxious company policy.

Before I was FFL licensed, I shipped almost all guns via UPS. Then the local branch took on a new hire who was the most nasty, thoroughly unhelpful, and anti-gun nozzle you'd ever deal with, who would literally violate her own company policy to create a problem. FedEx, though a farther drive away, got my business. I have no experience with DHL, at least with shipping firearms, so can't comment on that.

Hope that helps. Best of wishes.

I use Buds Guns online shipping service, It's easier and cheaper then dealing with UPS. Just click on the post above and check it out.
If you're not an FFL, the contract carriers insist that you ship the handgun package using overnight air which is expensive. Ship My Gun costs about half of what it would cost you if you just walked into a hub and paid at the counter.

A bit ago a member had some issue with SMG, don't recall what it was now. Maybe turned out costing a lot more that he thought when first contacting them and took a long time?

I was in Tigard Pawn 4 More a couple weeks back for a transfer and asked Allen if they ship guns for people. He said they do and charge $25.00. I presume that's on top of what ever shipping cost there is. I don't believe FFLs have to go the "Next day air" crap. I know if you ship a handgun VIA UPS they insist it must go next day air. That will be, or was 9 years ago anyway, $70.00 + for a pocket pistol!

Tigard Pawn 4 More are some nice folks to deal with.

An FFL can ship to another FFL by USPS Priority flat rate . My Dealer in Alaska shipped and received that way all the time. He would log it in his book and enclose a copy of his FFL and ship when he received a Copy of the Destination FFL.
25.00 covered the shipping and bookwork. Your Prices may vary.

The buyer is the one who generally pays the freight. I like SMG because they do all the FFL paperwork and you can print the shipping label yourself. Just walk into a FedEx shipping center or call for a pick up and it's on it's way.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top