JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And she is at it again. This time, she's attempting to use the original "sporting purpose" clause from the 1968GCA in her scheme, and requesting the prez use his executive powers via the ATF to stop the imports.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/20/d...ic-rifle-import-ban-based-on-45-year-old-law/
Citing the Gun Control Act of 1968, Feinstein states, "In recent years… importers of firearms have taken advantage of ATF's interpretation of the 'sporting purposes' test to evade the import ban."

Curiously enough, she cites illegal export over our southern border as a reason for President obama to remove these guns from the American market, through executive order.
The irony over this, in light of the Fast and Furious fiasco, is beyond anything I could dream up.
Gee, whoodathunkit eh?

I have heard that dogs will dig a hole in the yard if they can't get out of the fence to chase a rabbit. I think it's called transference.
Since she's got a face full of egg from CIA rabbits stealing the documents her intelligence committee had obtained, it looks like DiFi's back digging a hole in the yard of gun bans, territory with which she feels comfortable. Or something.

The timing here is interesting. A big public slap in face, then she's hot-dogging back to the gun bans, again.

I wish she'd go away. Time to retire, we're so sick of ye.

I figured with the California Bullet Train project under fire she would be more interested in twisting arms to keep it afloat since her husband somehow "managed" to win the contract.

Feinstein launches new attack; should ATF be altered or abolished?

This morning, the National Shooting Sports Foundation launched a nationwide campaign to counter a new effort by anti-gun California Sen. Dianne Feinstein to ban the importation of so-called "assault weapons" that she claims are not "generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes."

<broken link removed>

I find it at least somewhat ammusing that the portion of the law that she is pushing is one that is the least constitutional and most ready to be challanged. There is no constitutional backing for the "sporting purposes" clause, and recent SCOTUS rulings about individual rights to self-defense would lean towards removing said clause.

Besides, she has no idea what shooting sports are like nowadays anyway. ARs are far and away the most used rifle in shooting sports outside of traditional hunting.

Not that I wish death upon her, but when is she going to hurry up and die already? She looks ancient. It can't be too much longer that we have to put up with her can it? But then, who would the lovely voters of CA replace her with? It couldn't be worse, could it?

Maybe Carolyn McCarthy could move out to Cali.

I used the incorrect term above; it should have been displacement. And yes, ready to breathe a sigh of relief when she's gone, that's for sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top