JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's how I see it. Eventually the standard capacity (over 10 round) portion of Measure 114 will be struck down as the unconstitutional garbage it is. If we're lucky, Judge Benitez down in San Diego will re-rule as he did before in Duncan v. Bonta and the decision should carry along to Oregon, Washington and every other Island of despotism that have passed similar laws. If not, then SCOTUS will probably take it on again.

Regarding the Permit to Purchase. I'm afraid some version of it will stick and go into full effect when all of the training requirements and systems are in place. Whether that's 30 days, two months, or a year, I think it's going to be difficult getting rid of it entirely.

So, here's what our Sheriff's should do:

Since they already have their own CHL process's in place, and since Bruen affirmed the constitutional right to carry outside the home for defense, and since Measure 114's PTP requirements are arguably more stringent than most county CHL requirements, just make it an automatic upgrade to a CHL for anyone going through the new 114 PTP process.

How's that libs. Before all this crap, few of us were out there running around with guns on our hips because well..you know..it was a few extra steps. But now that you forced those steps on everyone who needs or wants a fifirearm, everyone should now get the license to carry that firearm on their hip.

Had you thought about that LEVO? What do you say Sheriff's?

It will depend on what happens with the database they are setting up. Whether it's public/secure/etc.

With that being said I'll pass. I'm not getting a permit to purchase.

It will depend on what happens with the database they are setting up. Whether it's public/secure/etc.

With that being said I'll pass. I'm not getting a permit to purchase.
All it takes is one anti-2A "hero" employee or hacker to "accidentally" release all the database info. Think that's what happened in California to all the CHL holders

All it takes is one anti-2A "hero" employee or hacker to "accidentally" release all the database info. Think that's what happened in California to all the CHL holders
Yup. I have a CHL but I won't be getting a permit to purchase.

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top