JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've only heard bits and pieces of Arpiao's doings over the years, but as under stood he saved the penal system tons of money. Treated prisoners humanely while punishing them at the same time for their deeds against the people. Was able to get a great deal of respect from the prisoners, and was incredibly fair to prisoners over the years if they simply toed the line. Seemed to me from what I know of it we should model the penal system more after his model, rather than the cluster crap we have now?

I've only heard bits and pieces of Arpiao's doings over the years, but as under stood he saved the penal system tons of money. Treated prisoners humanely while punishing them at the same time for their deeds against the people. Was able to get a great deal of respect from the prisoners, and was incredibly fair to prisoners over the years if they simply toed the line. Seemed to me from what I know of it we should model the penal system more after his model, rather than the cluster crap we have now?

You missed the part where Arpaio was being paid to house prisoners while also charging them personally for their care, feeding and Dr. bills--All things that were paid for once by the state already-- Of course everyone else missed it as well:eek:

You missed the part where Arpaio was being paid to house prisoners while also charging them personally for their care, feeding and Dr. bills--All things that were paid for once by the state already-- Of course everyone else missed it as well:eek:
That's okay. The state shouldn't pay, the inmate should.
With work or legit cash is fine with me.

They don't call it "a debt to society" for nothing.

I've always admired that Sheriff. He was tough, but fair. And truly cared about his community and even his prisoners.
He wanted to punish them, but in a way to make them not want to return to jail.
The way it should be.

He was crucified for his ideals that criminals and the justice system should actually punish criminals and be a preventative measure.

The liberals wanted him gone because that ideal goes against their politics. Where it's someone else's fault, and we should coddled these animals

Exactly!! :s0101:

I'm sick and tired of the Left getting their way. Sheriff Joe stood for the "old fashioned" way of doing things. Many of the inmates in the Maricopa County Jail respected him and spoken with him like men, instead of the craven cowards that many of them were.

Joe had the courage to walk among the inmates and speak with them and discuss their offenses. Because of his masculine, courageous and sage advice, Joe convinced many that their lives could be different and that the Sheriff truly did have their best interests at heart. After decades of experience, Joe could tell the difference between those that really wanted to change their lives and those that were "feeding him a line".

Joe wasn't just a "rough and tough" Sheriff, he had a compassionate side as well. He gave an entirely new meaning to the phrase "firm, but fair".

God bless him, and may his foes be foiled.

Last Edited:
Really, does that also mean that Arpaio's budget should get to keep the extra money? Where I come from that is called Theft, at best:eek:
That depends on what happens to that money.
Eek all you want, but if he's hanging onto it, and it's not getting spent on cronies, or giving himself big bonuses, or on hookers and blow, I have no problem with that, and you shouldn't either.

WTF is the matter with an administrator finding creative ways to save taxpayers money?
Or, are you opposed to that altogether?
Did he spend it on extra patrols? More gas for patrols? More training? Additional officers? Did he $pend it AT ALL?

As long as the money is still in his coffers being held in reserve, you should champion the man and how he does business. Not b*tch because he saved part of his budget.
That's the kind of thinking that got us $20 Trillion in debt.
Screw that.

That depends on what happens to that money.
Eek all you want, but if he's hanging onto it, and it's not getting spent on cronies, or giving himself big bonuses, or on hookers and blow, I have no problem with that, and you shouldn't either.

WTF is the matter with an administrator finding creative ways to save taxpayers money?
Or, are you opposed to that altogether?

As long as the money is still in his coffers being held in reserve, you should champion the man and how he does business. Not b*tch because he saved part of his budget.

That's the kind of thinking that got us $20 Trillion in debt.
Screw that.

Good One, tell me about all the taxpayer money Shurf Joe saved with his Restraint Chair idear... www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/investigations/2015/09/11/sheriff-joe-arpaio-legacy/71888720/

Good One, tell me about all the taxpayer money Shurf Joe saved with his Restraint Chair idear... www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/investigations/2015/09/11/sheriff-joe-arpaio-legacy/71888720/
1st off, the restraint chair isn't/wasn't Arpaio's idea. They're used in jurisdictions all over the country including by the U.S. Marshal's service and even at GitMo.

And while that article points out numerous failings by his office, the vast majority of the complaints are due to the county attorney's prosecutions and arrest warrants from the District Attorney's office.
Then we can address the fact that obama's DOJ allowed a number of precedents to be set through the "sue and settle" process in cooperation with the ACLU and other pro-illegal immigration groups.

This is far from a cut-and-dried situation.
Granted Sheriff Joe is old, and may have out lived his popularity.
But don't get the idea that the conduct of obama's DOJ and Customs and Immigration Enforcement divisions were proper. They weren't.
And we'll see the downside of those crappy decisions for decades to come if they're not rectified.

To this day, despite his less-than-stellar popularity in most polls, Trump's supporters still want him to focus first and foremost on stopping illegal immigration.
To that end, Sheriff Joe worked as hard and as effectively as anyone possibly could, considering the hand he was dealt.

And you still haven't explained why keeping budgeted money on hand is a bad thing.

Last Edited:
1st off, the restraint chair isn't/wasn't Arpaio's idea. They're used in jurisdictions all over the country including by the U.S. Marshal's service and even at GitMo.

And while that article points out numerous failings by his office, the vast majority of the complaints are due to the county attorney's prosecutions and arrest warrants from the District Attorney's office.
Then we can address the fact that obama's DOJ allowed a number of precedents to be set through the "sue and settle" process in cooperation with the ACLU and other pro-illegal immigration groups.

This is far from a cut-and-dried situation.
Granted Sheriff Joe is old, and may have out lived his popularity.
But don't get the idea that the conduct of obama's DOJ and Customs and Immigration Enforcement divisions were proper. They weren't.
And we'll see the downside of those crappy decisions for decades to come if they're not rectified.

To this day, despite his less-than-stellar popularity in most polls, Trump's supporters still want him to focus first and foremost on stopping illegal immigration.
To that end, Sheriff Joe worked as hard and as effectively as anyone possibly could, considering the hand he was dealt.

And you still haven't explained why keeping budgeted money on hand is a bad thing.

It just never seemed legal to me how the Shurf could just up and decide one day that he would start charging for something that was already budgeted in.
I think Shurf Joe had some good ideas, but I won't worship him the way you seem to. For one, his 'tent city' idea must have saved the state a big pile of money, in not having to pay private prisons to accept all those inmates. Joe's allowing his family relations to sell food items to the prison didn't seem entirely on the up & up, but I suppose that kind of thing has been going on forever. For some reason Arpaio also decided feeding prisoners twice a day was perfectly fine, most other prisons do not agree. Putting prisoners on a meat-free diet was one of the last decisions Joe made concerning the menu.

Before Arpaio got his great idear for abusing illegal aliens, he arrested Patrick Haab, a recent return to the US from the middle east, where he was a member of the armed forces. Patrick's special crime involved his protecting himself, after being accosted by a bunch of illegal aliens. He was charged with a crime and I recall Apraio making an appearance on TV, telling citizens that there was no such thing as a 'citizen arrest', which I found to be a pile of BS. I actually was the person who put up the $10K cash bond, which allowed Patrick to get out of jail--His case was dismissed a couple of weeks later, but he may have never been released, if I hadn't come along.

People want to glorify Arpaio, but the truth is he is just a man, a very stubborn man and quite a bit of his BS has been buried by the sands of time. He has made lots of irrevocable mistakes and I do not forgive him for that.
You wanna kiss his @ss, that's your business

People want to glorify Arpaio, but the truth is he is just a man, a very stubborn man and quite a bit of his BS has been buried by the sands of time. He has made lots of irrevocable mistakes and I do not forgive him for that.
You wanna kiss his @ss, that's your business
Nobody is "kissing @ss" here smart@ss.

If you agree with all that Arpaio fought against all those years, maybe you also support McCain. And Flake, and the rest of the pro criminal alien sycophants in government.
I don't.
I have a relative that spent a long time in prison(s), and a short time in Arpaio's jail. And he swears he learned more about how to stay out of trouble during his stint in the Maricopa Cnty lockup than anywhere else he's been.
And the list of prisons and jails he's visited is long and illustrious.

Nobody is saying Sheriff Joe is perfect, or kissing his @ss.
But that fact remains he did far more right than wrong. And in today's political climate, I'll take that every time.

Unfortunately it seems that many folks who were not formerly well-trained in the 'criminal arts' come out of jail having learned from their compatriots much related to being more successful in committing their special crimes. Personally I would prefer these incarcerated people were taught a useful trade that they might become engaged in performing after being released, instead of enhancing their criminal performance, but not everyone sees things that way.

I am actually sorry that Arpaio's contender won the position of Shurf, and I must say that was only possible due to the massive influx of Bloomberg $$$,
which should have no place in Arizona politics. However I guarantee if you research Arpaio's past you will find some very good reasons to dislike his actions & agenda. Even so I think he did a good job overall. One of his successors (penzone) first mission was to close down Tent City, obviously some of that donation money was from the many private prisons in the state.

I don't personally support any rino's in Our gov't

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads