setting up my belt... (really stupid question)

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by fmiller, Mar 7, 2017.

1. fmiller

fmiller
    Salem

This is probably the dumbest question you'll read today, so I've that going for me...

Just got an Uncle Mike's two-layer velcro belt to go with my brand new Bladetech holster.

Do I clip the holster mount over BOTH velcro layers or just the outside one?

Thanks!

2. mcfoto

mcfoto
    Newberg

Not familiar with the Uncle Mike system. I run a Double Alpha with and inner and outer belt. The holster and mag holders connect to the outer belt only.

spookshack likes this.
  3. fmiller

fmiller
    Salem

Thanks!

4. PiratePast40

PiratePast40
    Willamette Valley

The idea is that the holster and mag holders will always be in the same place when you put the belt on.

5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

It's also easier to remove the holster and mag carriers by simply removing the outer belt, instead of having to take off both.

spookshack likes this.
  6. B3dlam

B3dlam
    Astoria, OR

The idea with these belts is that you can run the inner belt through belt loops and then buckle the outer belt on around it and still get the benefits of your belt loops to maintain a consistent position without having to go through he hassle of threading everything through the belt loops and holsters etc.

taroman, spookshack and NWGlockgal like this.
  7. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms
    Vancouver, WA
    Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I run a Safari land ELS system and everything is secured to the outside leather belt. The inside velcro runs through your belt loops.

dwaineshort likes this.
  8. skeezix

skeezix
    Lebanon, OR
    All around nice guy Bronze Supporter

Mount your holster to the outside belt. You will be able to thread the inner belt through your belt loops and then place the outer belt over the inner, to keep things (holster and mag carriers) where you want them.