setting up my belt... (really stupid question)

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by fmiller, Mar 7, 2017.

1. fmiller

fmiller
    Salem

This is probably the dumbest question you'll read today, so I've that going for me...

Just got an Uncle Mike's two-layer velcro belt to go with my brand new Bladetech holster.

Do I clip the holster mount over BOTH velcro layers or just the outside one?

Thanks!

2. mcfoto

mcfoto
    Newberg

Not familiar with the Uncle Mike system. I run a Double Alpha with and inner and outer belt. The holster and mag holders connect to the outer belt only.

308 and spookshack like this.
  3. fmiller

fmiller
    Salem

Thanks!

4. PiratePast40

PiratePast40
    Willamette Valley

The idea is that the holster and mag holders will always be in the same place when you put the belt on.

5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

It's also easier to remove the holster and mag carriers by simply removing the outer belt, instead of having to take off both.

spookshack likes this.
  6. B3dlam

B3dlam
    Astoria, OR

The idea with these belts is that you can run the inner belt through belt loops and then buckle the outer belt on around it and still get the benefits of your belt loops to maintain a consistent position without having to go through he hassle of threading everything through the belt loops and holsters etc.

taroman, spookshack and NWGlockgal like this.
  7. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms
    Gunsmith,Vancouver
    Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

I run a Safari land ELS system and everything is secured to the outside leather belt. The inside velcro runs through your belt loops.

dwaineshort likes this.
  8. skeezix

skeezix
    Lebanon, OR
    All around nice guy Bronze Supporter

Mount your holster to the outside belt. You will be able to thread the inner belt through your belt loops and then place the outer belt over the inner, to keep things (holster and mag carriers) where you want them.

9. Reco

Reco
    Portland Oregon

There are no dumb questions when trying to learn to be safe and effective!

Syzygy, JKP and 308 like this.
  10. DK47

DK47
    Beaverton, OR

Does anyone here wear a belt to hold their pants up, then feed the inner loop belt, THEN the outer belt? Is the 2" holster restriction measured from the belt or hip? I forget. Sorry to hijack op.

11. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have the double alpha setup and wear the inner velcro belt to the range in lieu of a a regular belt. It actually is pretty comfortable.

12. mcfoto

mcfoto
    Newberg

Due to my-eh hem-physique, I have the same issue. My solution is to wear a pair of suspenders. I got a decent set of Carhart clamp-ons at Fred's.

13. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pretty hard to hang anything on that ripped 12-pack :D

DK47 likes this.
  14. mcfoto

mcfoto
    Newberg

Right! :p :s0133:

15. DK47

DK47
    Beaverton, OR

lol! Yea it doesn't bother me all the time, but when I wear shorts it's kinda weird with 6 loaded mags and my glock. And wearing a third belt makes everything stick out too far.

...I'll just wear pants.

16. 20ozjolt

20ozjolt
    Boring OR

Are you talki g about daily cary ? This is how all my duty belts are but never seen "normal" belts like that.

17. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I dont find the velcro belts to be worth a crap for holding pants up and they dont hold together in a fight when someone is trying to pull your duty belt down.

I place all of my items on my duty belt and use the inner belt as a means to keep everything in place. Once I have it set up, I never separate the two. I wear a riggers belt to hold my pants up and then use keepers to mate my duty belt to my riggers belt.

I have seen riggers belts with velcro around the entire outer circumference that mates with a duty belt without using the inner belt. It is very secure as well.

18. 20ozjolt

20ozjolt
    Boring OR

Ah duty gear this makes more sense

I also gave up on the velcro liner belts I actually gave up on my webbing belt as well, I'm now running at the 5-11 that has the Cobra Buckle and it works great as a liner belt

And the velcro is not a replacement for Keepers wear your Keepers a Velcro system can still rotate without them

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  19. DK47

DK47
    Beaverton, OR

Oh I was referring to USPSA/ipsc

I don't have much use for "duty" carry myself. It's either concealed appendix or drop and offset for matches.

spookshack and 308 like this.