JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is probably the dumbest question you'll read today, so I've that going for me...

Just got an Uncle Mike's two-layer velcro belt to go with my brand new Bladetech holster.

Do I clip the holster mount over BOTH velcro layers or just the outside one?

Thanks!

Not familiar with the Uncle Mike system. I run a Double Alpha with and inner and outer belt. The holster and mag holders connect to the outer belt only.

The idea with these belts is that you can run the inner belt through belt loops and then buckle the outer belt on around it and still get the benefits of your belt loops to maintain a consistent position without having to go through he hassle of threading everything through the belt loops and holsters etc.

Mount your holster to the outside belt. You will be able to thread the inner belt through your belt loops and then place the outer belt over the inner, to keep things (holster and mag carriers) where you want them.

Does anyone here wear a belt to hold their pants up, then feed the inner loop belt, THEN the outer belt? Is the 2" holster restriction measured from the belt or hip? I forget. Sorry to hijack op.

Does anyone here wear a belt to hold their pants up, then feed the inner loop belt, THEN the outer belt? Is the 2" holster restriction measured from the belt or hip? I forget. Sorry to hijack op.
I have the double alpha setup and wear the inner velcro belt to the range in lieu of a a regular belt. It actually is pretty comfortable.

Due to my-eh hem-physique, I have the same issue. My solution is to wear a pair of suspenders. I got a decent set of Carhart clamp-ons at Fred's.

Due to my-eh hem-physique, I have the same issue. My solution is to wear a pair of suspenders. I got a decent set of Carhart clamp-ons at Fred's.

lol! Yea it doesn't bother me all the time, but when I wear shorts it's kinda weird with 6 loaded mags and my glock. And wearing a third belt makes everything stick out too far.

...I'll just wear pants.

I dont find the velcro belts to be worth a crap for holding pants up and they dont hold together in a fight when someone is trying to pull your duty belt down.

I place all of my items on my duty belt and use the inner belt as a means to keep everything in place. Once I have it set up, I never separate the two. I wear a riggers belt to hold my pants up and then use keepers to mate my duty belt to my riggers belt.

I have seen riggers belts with velcro around the entire outer circumference that mates with a duty belt without using the inner belt. It is very secure as well.

Ah duty gear this makes more sense

I also gave up on the velcro liner belts I actually gave up on my webbing belt as well, I'm now running at the 5-11 that has the Cobra Buckle and it works great as a liner belt

And the velcro is not a replacement for Keepers wear your Keepers a Velcro system can still rotate without them

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads