JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess I should apply to Remington as a proof reader. You would think a multi million dollar company would try to get their terminology correct. This is from their web site.

Screenshot_20200428-083013_Firefox.jpg

I do believe proof-reading is a dying science.

Does anybody else immediately think of Army housing when they read the word, billet?

Last Edited:
Illiteracy is insidious, pervasive, rampant and increasing by the minute in our country. A people that cannot read or write properly (even in their own language) is easy to influence and control. Literacy is not protected by a Constitutional amendment: therefore it can be taken away by incremental steps with no challenges.

Examples are everywhere. (Some closer and more frequent than I might freely refer to in this venue.)

Illiteracy is insidious, pervasive, rampant and increasing by the minute in our country. A people that cannot read or write properly (even in their own language) is easy to influence and control. Literacy is not protected by a Constitutional amendment: therefore it can be taken away by incremental steps with no challenges.

Examples are everywhere. (Some closer and more frequent than I might freely refer to in this venue.)
The only thing they teach these days is orange man bad.

I used to be the proof reader from hell. I've backed off, as even when I write something on a forum, I find flaws later that cause me to continually edit my own posts.

Some years ago, I wrote a paper for my Wife while she was attending college. (Don't ask).

The teacher tore it to pieces with corrections. But my paper was correct. I couldn't very well go to the school and plead my case that the teacher was unfair and incorrect with the paper I wrote for submission by my Wife.:s0060:

@WAYNO I had a similar experience. I proofed my wife's masters thesis and they kicked it back saying her formatting wasn't correct. They were encouraged to seek assistance with proofing so that wasn't the issue, the issue was that we used Chicago Turabian and not MLA. I sent an email to the department chair with an attachment of the universities thesis/dissertation guidelines for her department where it specifically specified Chicago or MLA. Simple response "good catch."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top