JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a S&W 39-2 with extraction/ejection problems. Had it in to 2 local gun smiths. Still have problems.
Decided I should send it back to S&W. Should I send it back myself or is there an advantage to having a gun dealer send it back for me? Any recommendations on gun dealers in Portland or Salem area if I send it back through a dealer?

Have you contacted S&W yet? If not, I'd call them and see what they suggest.
FYI, you don't need an FFL to send it back to the manufacturer, but I believe you need to send it overnight. Also, if you're sending it UPS, you'll need to take it to a "hub" and you will be wise to insure it.

Do call S&W. Do it when you have some time as you might be on hold for 20 minutes +/-.

I had an issue with a 629-1 I purchased used. They were nice enough to send me a shipping label, AND pay for return. I had to pay, a very reasonable price, for the repair as I wasn't the original owner.

If you choose to ship yourself, take some KY with you, it's going to cost $70.00 +!

Mike

I sent in a 629-2e manufactured in 1989 this year. Contacted S&W, they sent a prepaid shipping label, made the repair and sent it back without any charge at all. I was not original owner and they never asked. Sent through UPS. Took about three weeks total.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top