JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$350
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I know, look at these beauties! Such a break from the endless Glock advertisements! Everyone owns a Glock, or a Taurus. Boring. How many of your friends own a pistol that helped bring Napoleon to heel? We can crow on and on about .45 caliber, how about upping that to a good ol' fashioned .60 caliber!

The 1730 was a popular pistol, stolen directly from earlier Prussian designs that proved to be handy in close quarters. This style of "long pistol" was made infamous in England with its association with highwaymen and gentleman robbers. Hundreds of thousands were produced into the 1760's by various nations, when they began to be phased out for ever lighter models. The Royal Navy, in particular, took a shine to them, as they were ideal for the cramped conditions when boarding an enemy ship, and light enough that several could be carried at once. Shoot one, toss it aside, grab the next, repeat until all the Frenchmen had run or surrendered.

.60 caliber, teak stock, and in kit form straight from the manufacturer. The shops that import these (Veteran Arms, Loyalist, Military Heritage), drill the touch-hole, stain the stock and clean up the grease, and sell them for $600 or more. I'm asking $350 per kit. You'll have to do the work yourself, yes, but you'll also save $250. Considering the work takes about a day, I personally find that very much worth the elbow grease. Plus, that's $250 to spend on more ammunition, and we can always use more ammunition.

20231021_184939.jpg 20231021_184929.jpg 20231021_184935.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
…The Royal Navy, in particular, took a shine to them, as they were ideal for the cramped conditions when boarding an enemy ship, and light enough that several could be carried at once. Shoot one, toss it aside, grab the next, repeat until all the Frenchmen had run or surrendered….
👍

Today was Trafalgar Day, btw.
64BA39B1-1020-45DD-A2FE-435B4CB2A221.jpeg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.