JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a S&W 39-2 with extraction/ejection problems. Had it in to 2 local gun smiths. Still have problems.
Decided I should send it back to S&W. Should I send it back myself or is there an advantage to having a gun dealer send it back for me? Any recommendations on gun dealers in Portland or Salem area if I send it back through a dealer?

Have you contacted S&W yet? If not, I'd call them and see what they suggest.
FYI, you don't need an FFL to send it back to the manufacturer, but I believe you need to send it overnight. Also, if you're sending it UPS, you'll need to take it to a "hub" and you will be wise to insure it.

Do call S&W. Do it when you have some time as you might be on hold for 20 minutes +/-.

I had an issue with a 629-1 I purchased used. They were nice enough to send me a shipping label, AND pay for return. I had to pay, a very reasonable price, for the repair as I wasn't the original owner.

If you choose to ship yourself, take some KY with you, it's going to cost $70.00 +!

Mike

I sent in a 629-2e manufactured in 1989 this year. Contacted S&W, they sent a prepaid shipping label, made the repair and sent it back without any charge at all. I was not original owner and they never asked. Sent through UPS. Took about three weeks total.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top