JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stupidest court decision ever?

How is the sender supposed to know the current location and actions of the receiver? What if the text message is delayed by 3 minutes (e.g. temporarily no signal for the sender)?

Peter

seems like it would be a big burden of proof how would you know if someone's driving

Not really....There's records of the texts on the phones isn't there?

Previous text from driver reads "On my way now, be there in 5 minutes." Texter sitting at kitchen table texts " OK, Don't forget to stop at the ###### first and pick up some ##### for Bob. Oh, we also need the ### taken care of so be sure that gets done first".................

If one of them lame *** pieces O' texting-while-driving crap ever get me in a crash <notice I didn't say accident> I'm going after them for anything and everything I can get!

Mike

Not really....There's records of the texts on the phones isn't there?

Previous text from driver reads "On my way now, be there in 5 minutes." Texter sitting at kitchen table texts " OK, Don't forget to stop at the ###### first and pick up some ##### for Bob. Oh, we also need the ### taken care of so be sure that gets done first".................

If one of them lame *** pieces O' texting-while-driving crap ever get me in a crash <notice I didn't say accident> I'm going after them for anything and everything I can get!

Mike

You dont have to read one til you stop.
So anyone that calls you is the negligent one ?????
Kind of sounds like obamas kids blaming everyone else for their evil doings.
Ever heard of just turning your phone off or ignoring it ????

You dont have to read one til you stop.
So anyone that calls you is the negligent one ?????
Kind of sounds like obamas kids blaming everyone else for their evil doings.
Ever heard of just turning your phone off or ignoring it ????

Hey, as long as they throw the book at the DRIVER that was negligent I don't care if they want to go after the person knowingly texting the driver also! And for the record I do not text, and I hardly ever have used a cell phone while driving. Strange as it may seem, driving has never given ME the urge to get on the phone. Maybe I've been missing something all these years?

What does Obama have to do with the discussion anyway?

Since I am a rational and caring person I never text when driving. The other people on the road don't deserve to have their life destroyed because I want to respond to 'are you on your way.'

Texting and driving is just as deadly as drinking and driving, maybe worse.

Making a non-moving sender liable is just stupid though. Should be expected from our idiotic courts who want to make every action a crime, and make us all criminals.

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions..." Adolph Hitler

Idiotic laws to make you a criminal have their purpose.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top