JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have plenty .38 special and .357 ammo. I suppose shooting both will require a revolver, since springs and everything in semi-auto's are probably built for the .357 load. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that and there are semi-autos built for both. Or I just stick with a 38 special semi-auto. Any thoughts?

Get a levergun in 357 mag. I am not aware of any semi-auto rifles chambered for 357 or 38. Pistols for 357 or 38 are scarce and usually unreliable, they don't make very many for a reason (it's tough to reliably cycle that long skinny round in an autoloader).

Wow...$1300+ for a handgun that will load 8 rounds of .357Mag/.38...versus any number of $500 revolvers that will carry 6 rounds.

For that money I'd rather have this....about the same price and same 8 round capacity!

170292_01_md.jpg

or the more traditional

170210_01_lg.jpg

whilst I love autos, wheelies are a lot of fun to shoot and prices haven't gone loopy...you could pick up a S&W 28 for around $400 or a model 27 for $550-$600.

Mateba semi auto revolver. Only problem is you have to change the springs for it to work using 38 special.

However, it too is a very expensive and rare way to shoot 357/38 semi auto

Yep - find a Winchester Trapper in .357. With it's 16" barrel it is nearly as handy as a large wheel gun but with a whole lot more range and accuracy. I love mine. I had to perform a mod on the cartridge lift to improve it's .38 Special feed reliability but now it is just fine.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top