JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have plenty .38 special and .357 ammo. I suppose shooting both will require a revolver, since springs and everything in semi-auto's are probably built for the .357 load. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that and there are semi-autos built for both. Or I just stick with a 38 special semi-auto. Any thoughts?

Get a levergun in 357 mag. I am not aware of any semi-auto rifles chambered for 357 or 38. Pistols for 357 or 38 are scarce and usually unreliable, they don't make very many for a reason (it's tough to reliably cycle that long skinny round in an autoloader).

Wow...$1300+ for a handgun that will load 8 rounds of .357Mag/.38...versus any number of $500 revolvers that will carry 6 rounds.

For that money I'd rather have this....about the same price and same 8 round capacity!

170292_01_md.jpg

or the more traditional

170210_01_lg.jpg

whilst I love autos, wheelies are a lot of fun to shoot and prices haven't gone loopy...you could pick up a S&W 28 for around $400 or a model 27 for $550-$600.

Mateba semi auto revolver. Only problem is you have to change the springs for it to work using 38 special.

However, it too is a very expensive and rare way to shoot 357/38 semi auto

Yep - find a Winchester Trapper in .357. With it's 16" barrel it is nearly as handy as a large wheel gun but with a whole lot more range and accuracy. I love mine. I had to perform a mod on the cartridge lift to improve it's .38 Special feed reliability but now it is just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top