JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I'm thinking of selling my remington 700 sps varmint to get some money to start to build a AR. i was wondering about all the different laws and ways to sell a rifle in Washington state. Also if anyone knows any good dealers that will sell your rifle on cosighnment and won't rip you off that would be great. SO pretty much any info about selling my rifle in washington would be great.

Thanks,
Joshua

There are no laws regulating the private sale of personal property as far as the state goes. You can only sell to another WA resident unless you go through an FFL. You must firmly believe that the buyer is legally eligible to purchase and possess a firearm. You can ship a firearm to anyone within your state but if it crosses state line it must go to an FFL. You have the option, but are not required, to have a bill of sale recording the name and identification number of the buyer.

As far as dealers that do consignments, I don't know any. I do know that if you transfer a firearm to a dealer for consignment and it doesn't sell in a timely manner and you go to pick it up, they are required to have you fill out the 4473 and call NICS as appropriate just like you were purchasing a firearm.

There are no laws regulating the private sale of personal property as far as the state goes.
\

YET.....I had heard a news story that the state of Washington wants to classify ALL private transactions of firearms and electronics, collectables, just about everything that is bought and sold privately as a taxable transaction. They classify it as a buisness transaction just like a private sale of an automobile. They can not quit spending in Oly and they want to tax everything they can think of. They even are trying to tax instate internet sales. It just will not stop.

I have consigned a gun or two at Federal Way Discount Guns, and I think they treated me fairly. The one problem is if you need a quick sale they hold the gun and run the numbers for I think 30 days.
I'd just list it in the classifieds here. There is a feedback system here and I would sell to someone who has some feedback if possible.
You can ask for ID, WAC membership etc. to alleviate any doubts of selling to the wrong person. Meet at a mutually agreed upon public place, have a nice conversation(about guns of course!), complete your transaction and be on your way.
Pictures of your gun really help.

I'd just list it in the classifieds here. There is a feedback system here and I would sell to someone who has some feedback if possible.
You can ask for ID, WAC membership etc. to alleviate any doubts of selling to the wrong person. Meet at a mutually agreed upon public place, have a nice conversation(about guns of course!), complete your transaction and be on your way.
Pictures of your gun really help.

What HE said. :s0155:

\

YET.....I had heard a news story that the state of Washington wants to classify ALL private transactions of firearms and electronics, collectables, just about everything that is bought and sold privately as a taxable transaction. They classify it as a buisness transaction just like a private sale of an automobile. They can not quit spending in Oly and they want to tax everything they can think of. They even are trying to tax instate internet sales. It just will not stop.

Yes, they want to, but there are a few laws and constitutional things in the way. There are some good lawyers and senators that are fighting them. But if Queen Gregwhore gets her way, EVERYTHING will be taxed.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews