JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to keep this thread without comments. I only want stories posted of people useing guns to defend themselves and their loved ones. I suspect there will be alot of stories and here is the first one from our area.

Aloha couple wakes up to man beating them with tiki torch(OR)

"ALOHA, Ore. – An Aloha couple woke up Christmas morning to a man hitting them with a tiki torch.

Washington County deputies are investigating the incident, which started with a home invasion, according to spokesman Bob Ray. It happened at a home on 209th Street.

According to Ray, a man believed to be on drugs broke into the back door of the home while the couple was asleep, grabbed a bamboo tiki torch and took it into the bedroom where he beat the couple with it."

jj

Several years ago I had to take my 41' Type A motorhome to Michigan and Indiana for major work. On the way from Washington state to the above I passed through Wyoming. Since the state doesn't recognize my concealed carry permits I was not carrying my .45 but did have it close. I stopped one night at a truck pull off. Not wanting to be bothered by the running engines I pulled as far forward as possible and called my wife on the cell phone. The connection was poor and I got disconnected.
I started the generator to run the microwave and heat some dinner. As I looked up I caught a movement at the front window. Looking out I saw an Hispanic man was at my door, asking a question (after trying the door handle). I also noticed that there was a white pickup parked crosswise, blocking me in. Since I couldn't make out what he wanted I went to the passenger side window and opened it (I always have the door locked). He asked me in broken English how far it was to the border. Since it was my first trip through I didn't know and told him so. I went to look for a map to answer his question, as I did so he went back to the truck and started to rummage under the seat, I also noticed there was a second man in the drivers seat of the PU. I reached down and retrieved my .45 and stuck it in my IWB holster, in full view of them (very large motorhome windshield). I then turned and went to the back to get my 12 GA. By the time I got back to the front they were GONE!! Guess I wasn't quite discrete enough when I holstered my handgun. Gee, I hope I didn't scare them!! In over 25 years of having a CCW permit it's the first time I've ever felt that I needed to show a weapon. I drove another 100 miles till I found a nice, safe, quiet Wal*Mart parking lot, where I stayed the night.
Had they not left my next move would have been to start the main engine and push the pickup out of the way. 435 HP and 1200 ft lbs of torque in a rear engine will let you do that!

Craigslist Robbery: Victim Pulls Gun On Robbers
Craigslist Robbery: Victim Pulls Gun On Robbers

"A 22-year-old Akron man was robbed at gunpoint after advertising an Xbox on Craigslist.

Akron Police say it happened around 6 p.m when a suspect came inside the victim's home on Triplett Boulevard to see if the game system worked.

Police say the suspect called a friend to bring him money and within minutes, two other males came inside the house, armed with handguns, and robbed the victim of $85.00.

According to authorities, the victim turned the tables on the robbers and pulled his own handgun, firing several shots at the suspects.

Both suspects were found inside Barberton Citizen Hospital after one was being treated for a gunshot wound to the elbow. "

Several years ago I had to take my 41' Type A motorhome to Michigan and Indiana for major work. On the way from Washington state to the above I passed through Wyoming. Since the state doesn't recognize my concealed carry permits I was not carrying my .45 but did have it close. I stopped one night at a truck pull off. Not wanting to be bothered by the running engines I pulled as far forward as possible and called my wife on the cell phone. The connection was poor and I got disconnected.
I started the generator to run the microwave and heat some dinner. As I looked up I caught a movement at the front window. Looking out I saw an Hispanic man was at my door, asking a question (after trying the door handle). I also noticed that there was a white pickup parked crosswise, blocking me in. Since I couldn't make out what he wanted I went to the passenger side window and opened it (I always have the door locked). He asked me in broken English how far it was to the border. Since it was my first trip through I didn't know and told him so. I went to look for a map to answer his question, as I did so he went back to the truck and started to rummage under the seat, I also noticed there was a second man in the drivers seat of the PU. I reached down and retrieved my .45 and stuck it in my IWB holster, in full view of them (very large motorhome windshield). I then turned and went to the back to get my 12 GA. By the time I got back to the front they were GONE!! Guess I wasn't quite discrete enough when I holstered my handgun. Gee, I hope I didn't scare them!! In over 25 years of having a CCW permit it's the first time I've ever felt that I needed to show a weapon. I drove another 100 miles till I found a nice, safe, quiet Wal*Mart parking lot, where I stayed the night.
Had they not left my next move would have been to start the main engine and push the pickup out of the way. 435 HP and 1200 ft lbs of torque in a rear engine will let you do that!

OC without a license is legal in WY just like in WA, but without the unload without restriction. You drive through WY, just OC and carry on. <broken link removed>

Armed neighbor stops burglary(TX)

"Northwest Harris County -

A group of burglars targeted a home in Northwest Harris County. One was caught, but there may be as many as two others on the loose. They may have all gotten away, had it not been for one observant neighbor, armed with a gun."

Held a man that was half in, half out of a window at the neighbors house with a 12GA until the police arrived once. His backsides were facing me, his buddy that was lifting him in the window ran when he looked up, and the guy in the window? Well, he was very compliant.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top