JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WP_20130614_005.jpg

both are 357 sig speer brass...

Was going through some brass I bought and found that guy, no idea about it's history/back story.

WP_20130614_005.jpg

Hmm. Makes me wonder about the history of the brass. If they were both fired in the same firearm, they should both have the same shoulder profile and it doesn't appear that that is so. If it were me, I'd probably send that pic off to the manufacturer. No expectation that they would do anything about the brass, but they might look into their QA process.

elsie

I dont know what the profile of that case is supposed to look like, but to me it appears that perhaps the one on the left got squished in the crimp stage and didnt fire form all the way out.
edit:
looked closer and I have to agree with previous posts, or perhaps it was a .40 that has been converted.

It's stamped .357 Sig. Thats the shape they're supposed to be....minus the rim area. Won't even fit in a shellholder is how I caught it. I usually go through all my brass AFTER I resize/decap since thats where I get the most splits and what not anyways.

The .357 SIG pistol cartridge is the product of Swiss-German firearms manufacturer SIG Sauer, in cooperation with the American ammunition manufacturer Federal Cartridge. While it is based on a .40 S&W case necked down to accept 0.355-inch (9.0 mm) bullets, the .357 SIG brass is slightly longer (0.009-inch (0.23 mm) to 0.020-inch (0.51 mm)). The cartridge is used by a number of law enforcement agencies and has a good reputation for both accuracy and stopping power.

.357 SIG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah.. sorry about that. My browser wouldn't let me expand the picture before. I see it now. that is strange.

I would say two difference manufactures but you said they are both stamped Speer. Do the necks measure out the same? The one on the right looks like the neck is slightly different.

Someone's turn and trim machine (blackrock/saginaw) wasn't adjusted properly, and they never caught the problem.

Out of curiosity was this winchester factory new brass, because that's typical of the defects I see in that.

Nope, Speer.

I think I had already resized the one on the right, can't really remember now. My die bumps my shoulder back a hair further than normal as I used to have chambering issues in one of my handguns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top