JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just don't think the foreign made ammo has the same quality control as most American made ammo. That said, you don't have to spend a bundle to get good ammo. I shy away from Winchester Whitebox, but I've found Federal UMC and American Eagle to be quite reliable. Of the cheaper ones you've mentioned, HPR has been very reliable in all my guns, but especially my .380s. There was a very well done test of various .380 JHP rounds a while back using a Taurus TCP 380 as the launcher of choice. Very revealing. But the one test that really surprised the reviewer was the HPR .380 ammo. Check it out here.

I just don't think the foreign made ammo has the same quality control as most American made ammo. That said, you don't have to spend a bundle to get good ammo. I shy away from Winchester Whitebox, but I've found Federal UMC and American Eagle to be quite reliable. Of the cheaper ones you've mentioned, HPR has been very reliable in all my guns, but especially my .380s. There was a very well done test of various .380 JHP rounds a while back using a Taurus TCP 380 as the launcher of choice. Very revealing. But the one test that really surprised the reviewer was the HPR .380 ammo. Check it out here.

Thanks for this info. I appreciate you sharing. Many of my law enforcement colleagues have said good things about PMC which is an American company from Houston. And so I'll just stick to HPR (which I know is made in Arizona) and PMC. And I'll try all the other tips. I just have a bad feeling that I'll have to end up sending this thing back to Kahr, which is not the worse thing int he world, but I just hope they don't charge me an arm and an leg. Anyways, thank you again.

Charge you? When did you buy it? Did you buy it from a shop or 2nd hand?

Technically, their warranty is 5 years to the original owner. However, I had a PM45--that I'd bought used--that had a piece of the slide fly off when shooting it. I sent it in and they gave me a new slide and barrel for no charge, although I had to pay for shipping there. It was back in my hand within a couple weeks. I may have told them I was the original owner...

One other thing you could try is have someone else who successfully shoots a similar pistol shoot your P380. If it feeds fine for them, you are probably not holding the pistol securely enough. If not, likely it is a problem for Kahr.

I have a CW380 and it seems happy with any ammo with a brass casing. If I remember, aluminum and steel cased ammo is not recommended by Kahr.

Charge you? When did you buy it? Did you buy it from a shop or 2nd hand?

Technically, their warranty is 5 years to the original owner. However, I had a PM45--that I'd bought used--that had a piece of the slide fly off when shooting it. I sent it in and they gave me a new slide and barrel for no charge, although I had to pay for shipping there. It was back in my hand within a couple weeks. I may have told them I was the original owner...

I thought Kahr only had a one year warranty. I figured if I ever got one, I would order through Davidsons Gallery of Guns for their lifetime replacement guarantee.

I have yet to put Talon grip panels on my CW380 but when I do I intend to use the "Granulated" ones, they are like sandpaper and it is easier to maintain your grip on a small Gun. My sight alignment with my Kahr is different than most of my guns as the rear sight has curved upper surfaces, so I place the "Ball" in the notch so I can see the entire ball. I keep that part of my sight alignment consistent and then move my aiming point slightly.. I have not shot mine much.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews