JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a Romanian AK "Garda" a handful of years back and it's my favorite gun I own (don't tell my Desert Eagle...he's sensitive). I know ammo isn't as cheap as before but its fun, attractive, and I have a lot of ammo already. So anyway, every year I get an itch to buy a new gun for no good reason (for a while I wanted an Uzi style, I had an obsession with 10mm 1911s for a while, etc.).

Anyway, for no reason I can determine I started obsessing over AK Pistols the last couple months and with taxes and other funds arriving I figure why the heck not! So I started looking and had my mind made up for a Hellpup 7.62x39 until I read the rear trunnion is cast not forged. Then I heard M&M's M10-762 was awesome but others say it sucks. Reddit hates Century. Some people love PSA while others hate them. WBP Mini Jack is attractive but nobody really seems to mention it so maybe its bad too?

Does anyone have a good reliable source they'd recommend I look at to decide? Does anyone have some variation they would recommend with details why? I'm looking for sub-$1000 so no Arsenals unfortunately. I just can't seem to get a handle on what's good or not and everyone has opinions but no facts to back it up. Help me? Please?

Only get the Century IMPORTED (Cugir Romania) AKs, so the Draco, Mini Draco, Micro Draco (WASR 10, RH-10) and avoid the VSKA Draco (and the entire VSKA series, which are made in USA)

M+M M10 is also made by Cugir in Romania but is imported through M+M.

Zastava ZPAP92 (Serbia) is good, but can be close to $1k. Also a little heavier.

FB Mini Beryl (Polish) is good but can be close to $1k.

PSA you'll have to rely on QC on whether you you get a great gun or small chance on a broken one. PSA does have awesome warranty tho. I would get their guns if I got an absolute steal on them and I support the company but wish their QC was better.

WBP - tons of positive support for the Jack Rifle series, so I assume the Mini series are great. I was going to get a Mini Jack, but went the RH-10 route.

For a while I was stuck between these 3, Cugir Draco, Cugir RH-10 (with cutting the barrel) and WBP Mini Jack

Check here for the AK Buyers Guide.

Last Edited:
I got a Romanian AK "Garda" a handful of years back and it's my favorite gun I own (don't tell my Desert Eagle...he's sensitive). I know ammo isn't as cheap as before but its fun, attractive, and I have a lot of ammo already. So anyway, every year I get an itch to buy a new gun for no good reason (for a while I wanted an Uzi style, I had an obsession with 10mm 1911s for a while, etc.).

Anyway, for no reason I can determine I started obsessing over AK Pistols the last couple months and with taxes and other funds arriving I figure why the heck not! So I started looking and had my mind made up for a Hellpup 7.62x39 until I read the rear trunnion is cast not forged. Then I heard M&M's M10-762 was awesome but others say it sucks. Reddit hates Century. Some people love PSA while others hate them. WBP Mini Jack is attractive but nobody really seems to mention it so maybe its bad too?

Does anyone have a good reliable source they'd recommend I look at to decide? Does anyone have some variation they would recommend with details why? I'm looking for sub-$1000 so no Arsenals unfortunately. I just can't seem to get a handle on what's good or not and everyone has opinions but no facts to back it up. Help me? Please?
Seek no further... YOLO!

I really like my m92. Great little gun, and OSS even has a muzzle device for it so I can run a 7.62 suppressor on it.

The only negative I have heard on these is they are not a chrome lined barrel, but so far that has not been an issue for me. Also the wired 26x1lh muzzle threading.
PXL_20230726_034553381.jpg

I really like my m92. Great little gun, and OSS even has a muzzle device for it so I can run a 7.62 suppressor on it.

The only negative I have heard on these is they are not a chrome lined barrel, but so far that has not been an issue for me. Also the wired 26x1lh muzzle threading.
View attachment 1835617
Liked ours braced/as a "pistol" fine. Tings steal at 200 easily with irons.

Now that it has a stamp, will complete similar to yours. Went with circle 10 / CRH triangle stock & folding adapter.

Also have a KNS adjustable piston for it.

Just need to find the time to complete the alterations on it...sigh.

Not sure on barrel concentricity for ours. Do have the suppressor adapter, but need to check concentric at end of alterations. Fingers crossed on that!

Liked ours braced/as a "pistol" fine. Tings steal at 200 easily with irons.

Now that it has a stamp, will complete similar to yours. Went with circle 10 / CRH triangle stock & folding adapter.

Also have a KNS adjustable piston for it.

Just need to find the time to complete the alterations on it...sigh.

Not sure on barrel concentricity for ours. Do have the suppressor adapter, but need to check concentric at end of alterations. Fingers crossed on that!
That is an older pic. I took advantage of the brace amnesty on this one for sure. Free stamp, no engraving and the big one for import pistols, no 941 requirement which would be a deal killer going from a pistol to a rifle.

CNC warrior sells just the triangle portion of the stock as well, so going from their brace to a stock was like $30.

I tried an 26x1.5LH to 5/8x24 adapter and had concentrically issues too, but after buying the adapter I found out OSS sells a muzzle device with the 26x1.5LH so I gave that a try and it worked perfectly. The muzzle device tightens against the muzzle not the shoulder which I was not thrilled about, but 30ft/lbs and some Rockset hopefully won't damage the crown.

PXL_20240303_165434050.jpg

Last Edited:
Century Arms Romanian Draco full-size imported (HG1916-N). Don't bother with the mini or micro.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top