JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in Nevada and have to send a couple of firearms to my brother in Bellingham. I would appreciate a recommendation for an FFL in the area that is friendly and easy to work with. Ability to accept transfers from individuals is a plus (it's legal, but lots of FFLs don't believe it is, including those I called so far); but not necessary. At this point, I just need to get these guns to my brother, who has never before filled out a Form 4473.

Thanks.

I just saw this post. Do you still need this information? Miracle Pawn in Bellingham has $20 transfers and is easy to deal with.
Thanks for your reply.

In fact, one of the first FFLs I contacted was Monarch Defense and they were able to help us. Again, I was trying to find an FFL that would accept shipments from private parties. Bizarrely, many refuse to do this. Once I set everything up with Monarch, I went to FedEx and they were able to expedite the shipments.

In the end I ended up sending my brother all our father's guns, including the K-38 Combat Masterpiece that was Dad's service sidearm when he was a cop in the 1960s.

I was quite surprised to learn it was almost as difficult for my brother to take possession of his guns as it would have been if he'd been living in California. Washington is changing fast I guess.

Glad to hear Monarch worked out.

Shipping pistols privately to any state is kind of a pain. Transfers used to be easier in WA, but with a newer law recently it has definitely become more complicated. Luckily there are provisions for inheritence/family transfer but handguns and evil black rifles have more issues attached to them. Not my preference, but I keep voting for the people who don't think guns and gun owners are evil.

Glad to hear Monarch worked out.

Shipping pistols privately to any state is kind of a pain.
Well, I had good luck.

USPS and UPS are out, of course, so you pretty much have to use FedEx. There are about half a dozen FedEx locations in this little town of fewer than half a million people, so the trick is finding the ONE office or facility that will accept firearms shipments (and of course handguns must go overnight). So the first few tries I had to put up with the, "OH MY GAWD, WUT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? GUNSSS?," but once I identified the correct facility it was smooth sailing. The FedEx employees in that office knew exactly what I wanted to do and how to do it, no one freaked out, they were all professional as hell. And I had to go back several times as I kept finding guns to send to my brother.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top