JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Salem man dials 9-1-1 to report missing pot, gets booked on DUII charges instead

A 21-year-old Salem man reportedly called 9-1-1 that his marijuana was missing, but when deputies arrived, he was booked on drunk driving charges instead, officials said.

It began early Tuesday at 12:52 as a report of a vehicle break-in at the Freeloader Tavern at 501 Lancaster Drive SE, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Sheila Lorance said.
A man told dispatchers that while he was inside the bar, someone broke into his truck, stole $400 cash, a jacket and about 3/4 of an ounce of marijuana, valued at about $180.
Deputy Ryan Clarke went to the scene, but when he was arrived, was unable to find the driver.
About an hour later, the driver called 9-1-1, angry that deputies had not arrived, and was driving.
Lorance said the dispatcher had difficulty understanding the caller because the driver was stopping several times to vomit.
Deputies eventually found the driver at 49th Avenue and Fontana Court SE where the man had parked. The driver, who was found about 100 feet from his truck, told deputies he was looking for the people who stole his "weed."
Clarke determined that the driver was drunk.
Calvin Hoover, 21, of Salem, was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of intoxicants.
Clarke took a theft report from Hoover regarding his missing items, but explained to Hoover the implications of possessing marijuana; if Hoover, who does not have a medical marijuana card, was found in possession of marijuana, he would have been charged with possession of a controlled substance.

What a joke....I can see it now

Dispatch: what else was stolen from the vehicle
Hoover: ...3/4 of an once of pot
Dispatch: you want to report that your pot was stolen
Hoover: yeah someone stole my weed and I want you to find the &%$*^
Dispatch: are you sure you want to report your Marijuana was stolen
Hoover: they stole my pot, yeah I want to report that %*#&
Dispatch: OK then, stay there and we will get a Deputy in contact with you to complete the report

I'll argue that pot doesn't make you stupid. However, being born stupid probably doesn't stop the process any.

Reminds me of an old episode of COPS where a drug buyer accused a drug dealer of taking her money and not supplying her requested product. Hilarious. The cop was absolutely baffled.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top