JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it possible to view the internet and have the camera images in thumbnails and highlight them when I want to view full screen?

Will a smart TV do it?

Will a newer desktop tower with HDMI inputs do it?

Am I stuck with needing two screens?

I've installed a Swann 1080p resolution DVR and cameras and I'm working out the bugs. The HDMI port works on my 1080p large screen but not on the 1050p LCD by my chair, I assume that HDMI port is shot or the wrong resolution all I get is video noise. I'm still trying to get through to Swann CS. On the small LCD I did get it to work on the lone VGA port but then I have to unplug the computer.

Looks like I'll have to buy another LCD so while I'm at it I'm hoping to run everything on that screen instead of taking up all my space with two.

I talked to Swann it was a resolution problem, it now works on HDMI in 1280 720p but that resolution isn't as good as it is on VGA. I'm sure a 1080p LCD would be much better. She said it needs a dedicated LCD. I asked her about a smart TV that runs games etc on a split screen and she said it hasn't been tested yet.

I can access it with my Android phone but I haven't got that far yet. I could/might run a separate screen but it'll take up a lot of space.

I downloaded the SwannView Plus for Windows app that Bolus suggested but the DVD isn't connected because I need a LAN splitter. I'll have a splitter in a couple hours.

I downloaded tab tiles app for Firefox and Chrome (can't get either of the Chrome ones working) so if I get the DVD to show up on a webpage I might have the split screen problem licked on this LCD. Swann didn't seem to understand my question about viewing it from a webpage on a tiled screen.

Bolus!!

I just got an email response from Swann detailing the procedure for viewing from the web browser. It's over my head but I'll figure it out as I go.

Good timing. I was in Best Buy just yesterday looking at monitors, if this works I might get one wide monitor instead of two smaller ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top