JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
who , why, what for?, and how long has it been down? Tactical assualt is one of the Mods. Maybe he can fix it.

BTW Tactical Assault is an Admin - higher level mgt. control than a mod who only moderates forum activity - mods don't typically have access to root/server level code - admins do;

We use vBulletin at my company.
IT guy said there was a warning from vBulletin and they are working on it. To prevent a hack they gave instructions to move some files to other places so the hackers couldn't find them. Our site is still up but maybe they haven't found us yet.

As I worked in the web hosting field for years, it's more than likely not a targeted hacking. The hackers likely found a web server or application that had exploits and hacked em all. That's how they work. :(

Last Edited:
seattle guns member here. They claim to be a Tunisian hacker group. But don't believe everything you see, it might be an internal u.s. group to see if and what sites they can bring down.

could be anti-gun groups, could be actual Tunisian hackers (but why select this small site?), could be Obama's so called hacker army, or who knows. Curious if anyone knows other sites that have been hacked recently and if they are conservative sites?

The info the hackers left was:

Hacker Boy
worriorx23.tunisia
Soryy Admin
contact me @: "email address"
v4 team
Tunisan hackers

If it really is Tunisian hackers, why would they misspell Tunisian???!!!!!

This smells funny to me.

Because in Tunisia they spell it *squiggle squiggle dot slash*

Never say never.
SGN wasn't hacked because of who they were, but what version of vBulletin they were running.
I've spent most of my day dealing with vBulletin 4.x exploits and can assure you they are not targeting any particular sites.

Never say never.

Didn't say has never (never has), or will never (it probably will at some point).. But today (so far) it hasn't been hacked. phpBB exploits are just as common as vB. vB at least has a great notification to patch the exploits though. phpBB forum owners don't know until it's too late.

Never say never.
SGN wasn't hacked because of who they were, but what version of vBulletin they were running.
I've spent most of my day dealing with vBulletin 4.x exploits and can assure you they are not targeting any particular sites.

Pretty much, I had problems with vulnerabilities in 3rd party software before. Now I keep an eye on what exploits are out there and run penetration tests on my servers. Bad guys will just scan sites and try things to exploit known vulnerabilities or common attacks against poorly written code.

SGN May be down for a few days... Get your withdrawls on... WaGuns was never hacked and is still operational.

At 6 am when I logged on to SGN and then Waguns they both had the same message from the hacker screen. When I got to work around 7:45 I checked again and Waguns was working again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top