JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yeah that's an issue too.

Wifey and I were talking and we decided that IF the minimum skill minimum wage workers see a 50% increase in their minimum wages on their level, the rest of the state's wages should increase too. That rate increase should go for everyone percentage wise.

Example is simple, why should a Nurse who is taking care of somebody's life, has spent xyz number of years in a cutthroat program just to apply for those positions and start out some places making $33/hr as a base when somebody with no responsibilities other than cleaning a motel/hotel room, taking an order or working on a food chain make 1/2 of what the skilled person is.

Bump up everyones wages. then let's see how that #15Now really works when your gallon of milk is raised for $3 to $4.50, when that power goes from $.11kWh to $.17kWh.

Who really benefits? The lower income does when only their incomes increase. Doesn't help anyone else. I guess that's how it's supposed to be though.

Was that a real article? All it had was some vague anecdotal evidence! That's it, nothing else, no studies, no statistics. Did it actually point to talk radio for some of their evidence? Talk radio.....I'm speechless.

Fox News is really bad. How long has this wage increase even gone on for? It's not even fully implemented. So a law that takes place over years and has just started. We're going to worry about the "fallout"?

I don't know enough about the law to make a decision whether I am for or against it. I do think that a lot of you guys that point out how things were years ago when you worked your way up, that's not how things are today. You didn't have to compete for your job with millions upon millions of illegal immigrants that were wiling to work for peanuts and driving the wages down.

Last Edited:
You didn't have to compete for you job with millions upon millions of illegal immigrants that were wiling to work for peanuts and driving the wages down.

The majority of those immigrants do the jobs that Americans won't do because they think they are too good for that work. Yes, I have heard those lines come out of peoples mouths.

I don't know. Americans used to do those jobs. Maybe Americans don't do them because they pay so low that they can't love on the pay? I think people underestimate the willingness of Americans to work hard for fair pay.

At least raising the minimum wage tries to address some problems in Seattle. It quickly became a hip and desirable city, and at the same time, prices went up to the point people can't afford to work for minimum wage and live, so it just seems logical to raise it.

I know a lot of people that worked really hard and went to school and graduated and can't get jobs that pay enough to live.. I think it's regrettable, but some people from this generation are just becoming disenfranchised. We were told that if we're studied hard, and worked and paid for school prices that are rapidly becoming unaffordable, take on massive amounts of debt, the reward would be jobs. But they aren't there. They just aren't. Not enough to go around.

I am not for people sponging off a system that was designed as a temporary stopgap for Americans in need. There will always be people who take advantage, but that doesn't mean we should ruin it for everyone.

It's actually similar to the gun argument. Just because some people use our country's ease of aquiring firearms and use them to do bad things, doesn't mean we have to take away the rights of the rest of us.

These low income low education people have no grasp of basic economics. Pure and simple. If they did they would realize that when you raise the bottom line of workers the goods they produce go up. Hello??? So if they don't know this, they should be taught it. If they are taught it and refuse to understand it then they are ignorant (ignorance is having the facts in front of you and choosing to go against the irrefutable evidence).

Ruin it for everyone? You can't raise the bottom income just because "it's not fair". Equal employment and fair wages are NOT in the constitution. Heck this even reminds me of the Biblical story of the Vineyard owner who goes out in the morning and hires people for one Denarii for the day. Does it again at 12, offering them the same Denarii, then again at 6 for the same Denarii. Those who worked hard realized that they were being shorted because they worked all day for the same amount that the last person worked just a few hours for.

This is what happens when free market fails. The government sets the value of one persons wages over the other. Your wages are equal to what your employer finds you are worth. If you aren't earning what you 'feel' you are worth, move along and get another job. If you can't find one where you 'feel' you are worth because you lack the skills, then you need to get the skills so you can work for what you think you are worth.

I'm not worth anything over minimum wage. I have no education, I made it through high school. Don't think for a second that my side jobs of being a mechanic will allow you to pay me $10/hr for work I do. Not a chance. Cheap as I may be at $25/hr that's 1/3 of shops around. That is a skill I have, many do not. General labor jobs I won't get that amount. That's fine I understand.

I should quit ranting.
:s0128::s0146::s0146::s0146::s0146:

I don't know. Americans used to do those jobs. Maybe Americans don't do them because they pay so low that they can't love on the pay? I think people underestimate the willingness of Americans to work hard for fair pay.

At least raising the minimum wage tries to address some problems in Seattle. It quickly became a hip and desirable city, and at the same time, prices went up to the point people can't afford to work for minimum wage and live, so it just seems logical to raise it.

I know a lot of people that worked really hard and went to school and graduated and can't get jobs that pay enough to live.. I think it's regrettable, but some people from this generation are just becoming disenfranchised. We were told that if we're studied hard, and worked and paid for school prices that are rapidly becoming unaffordable, take on massive amounts of debt, the reward would be jobs. But they aren't there. They just aren't. Not enough to go around.

I am not for people sponging off a system that was designed as a temporary stopgap for Americans in need. There will always be people who take advantage, but that doesn't mean we should ruin it for everyone.

It's actually similar to the gun argument. Just because some people use our country's ease of aquiring firearms and use them to do bad things, doesn't mean we have to take away the rights of the rest of us.

The problem with those going to college and not being able to work has a LOT to do with the fact that there aren't a whole of jobs for someone with an advanced degree in "liberal arts", or "sociology". Another issue is most young people just want to sit and tap on a keyboard and point at physical work to be done by others. That can be outsourced to Bombay India for $10 a day.

I'm a commercial/industrial HVAC/R service mechanic/pipe fitter and I make EXCELLENT money (well into six figures) working on boilers, refrigeration/AC systems, and their related control systems. You have to have skills, aptitude, schooling, pass state licensing tests AND maintain continuing education (after hours) each licensing cycle.... Oh yeah, and you have get out of bed at 5am EVERYDAY.

You CAN'T outsource my job, and you can't plug in an illegal alien to do it for $10 an hour. Market demand brings me a wage and benefit package of over $85 an hour (I started over 20 years ago at $6hr as a helper doing residential ductwork), not some government pinhead pulling an arbitrary amount out of their arse from wence they speak.

Last Edited:
mcdonalds-say-hello-to-your-replacement.jpg

Pretty soon an app and Apple Pay will fully replace this even.

15 dollars an hour? Welcome to the new century biznitches. :cool:

Love Seattle, yep I keep saying that...:eek::D:eek::D

http://news.investors.com/blogs-cap...-of-privacy-over-food-recycling-trash-law.htm

Now the trash police go through your garbage, I wonder if they get $15 per hour. Ya'll do realize the trash cops will be in Oregon soon don't you?

Well, Portland implemented their food scrap composting program in 2011. I know there have been problems since then, though I don't know that they've gotten to shaming folks yet. They'll probably wait until Seattle sorts out the issues first, then I'm sure the garbage cops will be out in force.

This is the price you pay when you enact foolish laws and regulations in the name of living 'green' - the unintended consequences are getting really bad.

What the hell have we come to?? :confused::mad::(

The difference is that the folks here are walking into the furnaces on their own, with smiles on their faces, while thanking the government for building them.

Once the old timers die off the agenda can be pushed through without anyone knowing what's going on. Heads stuck in their phones and video games and their only social contact on the net, I doubt they will last another generation.

But it's better not to talk about it as some will be offended.:D

At $15 per hour how long before government created inflation steal your raise?

The problem with those going to college and not being able to work has a LOT to do with the fact that there aren't a whole of jobs for someone with an advanced degree in "liberal arts", or "sociology". Another issue is most young people just want to sit and tap on a keyboard and point at physical work to be done by others. That can be outsourced to Bombay India for $10 a day.

I'm a commercial/industrial HVAC/R service mechanic/pipe fitter and I make EXCELLENT money (well into six figures) working on boilers, refrigeration/AC systems, and their related control systems. You have to have skills, aptitude, schooling, pass state licensing tests AND maintain continuing education (after hours) each licensing cycle.... Oh yeah, and you have get out of bed at 5am EVERYDAY.

You CAN'T outsource my job, and you can't plug in an illegal alien to do it for $10 an hour. Market demand brings me a wage and benefit package of over $85 an hour (I started over 20 years ago at $6hr as a helper doing residential ductwork), not some government pinhead pulling an arbitrary amount out of their arse from wence they speak.

I scrolled down as I was about to say something about the "liberal arts" and such of our young peoples degree choices and you beat me there. Nicely done.

Once the old timers die off the agenda can be pushed through without anyone knowing what's going on. Heads stuck in their phones and video games and their only social contact on the net, I doubt they will last another generation.

But it's better not to talk about it as some will be offended.:D

At $15 per hour how long before government created inflation steal your raise?

Now hold the iphone a second. Some of use here that are not in agreement with these "wonderful government gifts" are still kinda young....Least that is what I tell myself as I try to look at the mirror without noticing the bald spots.

Now hold the iphone a second. Some of use here that are not in agreement with these "wonderful government gifts" are still kinda young....Least that is what I tell myself as I try to look at the mirror without noticing the bald spots.

:D Well I hope you get older and stay in good shape because in your lifetime you will be happy you did.:D:D:eek:

:D Well I hope you get older and stay in good shape because in your lifetime you will be happy you did.:D:D:eek:

Yeah I have a feeling I need to keep an edge on some of these young bucks. Then I look at them. Big guts and beards that look like crotch hair since they are not man enough to grow one yet.

They better wait until I am in a wheelchair to come at me...Call of Duty is no training for the wrath of an angry country boy.

So a 33 year old is considered young... Just checking.

Does that mean I can complain to the "younger" crowd better since I'm closer to their age?

Thanks .40cal, I have a gut (thyroid and testosterone issues)... But I can grow a damn full beard.

Yea... 33 is pretty damn young. You've only had a fully developed prefrontal cortex for about 3-4 years, and you've got another 15 years to go before you even hit middle age

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads