Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle Group article hits the media

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by redboneshadow, Sep 3, 2008.

1. redboneshadow

redboneshadow Seattle New Member

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Great to see some press coverage. Are you Mike?

3. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

"packing heat"
    "who always carries a piece"

Wow. I'd like to meet the person that wrote the article and slap them in the face. If the writer is trying to be pro-gun he's failing miserably by using such negative terminology.

Where the hell is the information coming from?

"Washington is one of the easier places in the country to get a concealed-weapons permit...Unlike Oregon, which requires demonstrated competence with a handgun"

I didn't realize taking a 3 hour handgun safety class is the same as demonstrating competence with a handgun.

And good for the police! Finally they are admitting that people need to stand up for themselves and not rely on the police for everything.

4. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

That reporter is just trying to use the terminology understood by their readership, who only know what they know about firearms from watching old gangster movies.

About time the police didn't take political positions contrary to citizen's rights under the Constitution.

5. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

you gotta love shelly bates "they don't look like gun owners" what no bib overalls and rope belts, they walk upright and their knuckles don't drag the ground, they actually wear shoes. Maybe she should ask her police department if they have a responsibility to protect her? (If you are under the impression that the police have a duty to protect you, then you should ask also)

6. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Not a bad story overall. If anything, the sheep quoted in here come off looking paranoid, not the gun owners.

7. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

anybody here read the disertation" sheep sheepdogs and wolves" It should be a sticky on every gun forum.

8. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Considering the source (Seattle Weekly), I didn't think it was too bad a story.

9. redboneshadow

I actually nailed a piece for KOMO TV on friday night and had the chance to separate the groups by my opinion. Plus was able to speak up and support our 2nd amendment rights and this next week there will be a radio piece on the bellevue community college radio station which is heard by a wide area here so little by little it is getting out there

10. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Very cool. Let me know if there's anything myself or NorthwestFirearms.com can do for you.

11. markw76

I'm pleasantly surprised there is anyone in the Puget Sound area willing to print or broadcast anything pro-gun. What little I remember about politics up there reminded me a lot of Portland: Lefty Central mediawise. You guys up there still have the Times and Post-Intelligencer duking it out for the "Most Liberal" title?

12. redboneshadow

It's very liberal here including the tv stations and newspaper. I had to take a stand for our rights because although there are several people who carry and have permits no one was taking a stand. I have always fought for our rights and it was time to take a stand. I will stand up, I will take the newspaper and other media on, i will start a group and i will put my reputation and my life on the line to protect our 2nd amendment right and if need be i will protect the lives of all people no matter what their belief in the 2nd amendment.

13. markw76

OK, but if Pelosi or Schumer or someone is up there about to be run over by a bus, don't put yourself out, OK?

14. redboneshadow

Buses would be the correct method to take care of those two so i would have no reason to try to help. Besides I would probably be to busy laughing to do anything.

15. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

It's so liberal up here, conservative is the new edgy.

16. markw76

:laugh::laugh::laugh::worship::yes::winner::phone::banana::bootyshake::yes:

Now thet's funny, I don't care who y'ar.