JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been waiting for FlopSweat to post about the get together so I could chime in with Bravo Zulu, Job Well Done, but I guess he's been busy.

First off, what happens on the range stays on the range. No need to mention the Nordic Women's Bikini Shooting team. 'Nuff said.

Our Northwest Firearms Forum turnout was pretty anemic all things considered. It was barely raining. Some fontiersmen you bunch would have been. :huh:

It's a very nice range, tucked down in a typically green NW Washington ravine. Very picturesque.

FlopSweat is a very fine host. He patiently explained the range procedures and saw to it that we conducted ourselves safely and still had fun. He and his buddy brought along some pretty classy weaponry and I enjoyed shooting them. They seemed to enjoy my modest collection as well. I don't know if I made any Hi-point carbine converts but they sure liked the .357 Dan Wesson.

We had a good time and I'm looking forward to shooting with them again.

P.S. FlopSweat, Do you need some hamburger recipes??

Glad to hear that there was a good time at the get to gether. Sure wish that I could have made it... Next time I'll load up pleanty of ammo so everyone can take a turn with my collection. Don't wait until summer is gone to do it again. Peter

I was around, and thinking about how to word an AAR, but I hadn't come up with anything clever to post. Casual described the event more eloquently that I could have anyway. I usually refer to the camp look of the park as "rustic", but I like his description better.

Everyone was quite impressed with his Dan Wesson in .357 - very manageable recoil, remarkably accurate. How long was the barrel on that beast again? Fine looking firearm too. I'll have to see if they made one in .44 magnum. And with a lot of practice, maybe learn to shoot it as well as our honored guest did.

Anyone who hasn't shot a Hi-point carbine should put it on their list. It was a bit heavier than I expected, but not unwieldy. After shooting pistols for a couple of hours, it made our previous groups look huge in comparison. Double taps were childishly simple. It gets about a 9 or 9.5 on the grin-o-meter.

I brought a Ruger SP101 chambered in 9mm (you read that correctly) and some bench guns that we never got around to shooting (refer back to the Hi-point carbine). Also an S&W .22 target pistol. A buddy of mine brought his H&K P30 in 9mm, always a treat, and an S&W .22 AR pistol that is probably tied with the Hi-point for fun factor. We certainly never got bored. We aerated a lot of paper and cardboard and passed all of the guns around constantly. We didn't get in any trap shooting, but I'm sure Sam will bring the machine out to our next event - He's a great guy and we sure appreciate him at the club.

Once the shooting wound down, we were faced with the choice of setting up the BBQ in the rain, cooking burgers in the clubhouse kitchen, or sending yours truly home with 5 pounds of thawed pre-formed hamburger patties. Didn't take long to work it out. We shook hands and headed for the gate. Beef - it's what's for dinner. And lunch. And breakfast. :D I have chicken penciled in for dinner tomorrow...

Sometime this summer we should try this again. I'll be sure to talk more about the advantages of our facility - no restrictions on magazine capacity or rate of fire (just keep it on paper), private access, beautiful park-like setting etc. Maybe we can try for a weekend next time. Between that and the better weather, we should have a higher turnout.

Thanks to everyone ;) who attended!

Flops

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top