JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Come on out and meet your fellow forum members! Eat burgers and shoot guns!

We are holding a NWFA BBQ and shoot east of the lake at a private club on Friday May 4th from 4:00PM to 8:00PM. The board has graciously waved any range fees, with the exception of the $10 per round fee for trap (includes clays and shells). If you've never shot trap before, you're in for a treat. It's a heck of a lot of fun. Bring your shotgun! I know I will. There is in outdoor pistol range and 200 yard rifle range. Bring ammo, as there is none for sale at the club except for trap shooting as mentioned above.

So far, the following folks have signed up:

CasualShooter
CaliberGeek
MisterBill
SquackDaddy
Jammer Six
payohann
jonnywong

Join the fun! reply to this thread to be added to the list. We'll need the following supplies. I've included who's agreed to bring what, and will keep updating it here.

•Grill and appropriate fuel - propane or charcoal.
payohann: Small grill for hotdogs​
•Paper plates
CasualShooter​
•Plastic utensils
Flopsweat​
•Napkins
•Meat - Burgers, dogs, chicken - anything grillable and delicious.
payohann: hotdogs​
•Side dishes - Macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips, whatever you like.
Flopsweat: macaroni salad
CasualShooter: Unspecified​
•Dessert - Peeps? (inside joke)
•Beverages - Non-alcoholic.
Flopsweat: Coke (the original - no HFCS) and chips.
chizuck: Pepsi/mt dew
Jammer Six: Barq's Root Beer​
•Tokens of appreciation - The PIC's are donating their time for this event. I've promised them free access to the barbecue, but it would be nice if we could give them each some small gift to thank them for helping out.
Flopsweat: One commemorative wooden box of Remington .22 ammo.​
•Other - Did I miss anything?

Sign up now and join the fun! If you can bring a BBQ item, let me know and I'll update the list.

I'm in!

If you are reading this thread and interested in meeting up, please respond to the thread and let us know so that Flopsweat and I have an idea of how many people would be willing to come

OK, so far the following folks have expressed interest in this thread or GD:

CasualShooter
CaliberGeek
MisterBill
ATCclears
carracer
SquackDaddy
Jammer Six
chizuck

Do we want to do a BBQ? We have picnic tables and a suitable area for that. Anybody want to shoot trap? I have to make arrangements ahead of time, but it's worth it. Any other ideas?

Good BBQ. Lots of Barq's Root Beer. Lots of ammo. Lots of targets.

A chance for everyone to try weapons they've never shot before. Put a weapon on the line, let anyone who walks up shoot it. Wander over and try a weapon you've never seen before.

A chance for non-shooting spouses to shoot under the direction of someone other than their husband.

My ideas, feel free to disagree.

I would be down for some trap and a BBQ. Do we need a sling and to bring clays?

The club has a trap machine. I'll just need to arrange for the machine and an RSO to be available. Normal trap events are $10 per round, clays and shells included. I'd assume it would be the same for us.

Somebody will need to bring a grill. And like food and stuff. :) Once we get some volunteers I'll put a list together.

On a FRIDAY? Seriously? Do you guys not have jobs? We might attend a weekend event. No chance on a Friday though.

Yeah, sorry, but weekends are a lot harder to get approved - it's a small facility and is busiest on Saturday and Sunday. Friday at 4:00 is the next best option. A lot of folks in this area seem to be able to knock off early on Fridays. If there were state or federal land even close, I'd be all for it, but they're all a couple hour's drive away.

It looks like we have enough people interested that if we really started getting things going, the event will be good to go.

Yea, this event is to be 100% fun and games.

Maybe we could have some friendly competitions. Set up targets at 200 yards, and see who can get the best 5 shot groupings with iron sights on a mosin-nagant? just an idea

I've recently sold one of my AKs to acquire a FS2000 bullpup. I'll make sure to bring that to this event. Let people try out this sexy baby :D

Looks like our best dates will be May 4th or 25th. Any preferences? I've written up an event plan and will present it to the board. I'll see if they want a range fee, since most of you aren't members. Shouldn't be much, if any.

It looks like we have enough people interested that if we really started getting things going, the event will be good to go.

Yea, this event is to be 100% fun and games.

Maybe we could have some friendly competitions. Set up targets at 200 yards, and see who can get the best 5 shot groupings with iron sights on a mosin-nagant? just an idea

I've recently sold one of my AKs to acquire a FS2000 bullpup. I'll make sure to bring that to this event. Let people try out this sexy baby :D

Nice. Ever shot trap with a tarted-up Saiga 12? :gun11: I can arrange for that. :cool:

We have the green light!

We are approved for one event on either Friday May 4 or Friday May 25th from 4:00PM to 8:00PM. The board has graciously waved any range fees, with the exception of the $10 per round fee for trap (includes clays and shells). We will have non-exclusive use of the Trap, Pistol and Rifle ranges. There's almost nobody there on weekdays, so I didn't ask for exclusive use - plus that probably helped getting us free access. I didn't get us use of the Archery range, but maybe next time.

The trap machine will be available for either date. If you've never shot trap before, you're in for a treat. It's a heck of a lot of fun. Bring your shotgun! I know I will.

Two members have volunteered to be safety officers (actually Persons in Charge, but that's a long story). We'll need more if more people show up, as the club has rules about the ratio of non-member active shooters vs. PIC's. So sound off now if you want to come, so I know how many more club members to harass.

Everyone who's responded, please reply again with your preference: the 4th or the 25th.

We'll need the following for the barbecue:

• Grill and appropriate fuel - propane or charcoal.
  • Paper plates
  • Plastic utensils
  • Napkins
  • Meat - Burgers, dogs, chicken - anything grillable and delicious.
  • Side dishes - Macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips, whatever you like.
  • Desert - Peeps? (inside joke)
  • Beverages - Non-alcoholic.
  • Tokens of appreciation - The PIC's are donating their time for this event. I've promised them free access to the barbecue, but it would be nice if we could give them each some small gift to thank them for helping out.
  • Other - Did I miss anything?

I'll bring macaroni salad, Coke (the original - no HFCS) and chips.

This is going to be some serious fun! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person for the first time.

Thanks, Flops

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top