JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Building a sage rat gun and picked up a CZ 452 Varmint in .17 HMR the other day and I am considering scopes. Right now looking at Mueller scopes ether the 4x14x40 APV or the 4x16x50 sport dot. Has anyone had any issues with these Muellers? From what I have read they seem like good scopes in the price range. Would you go with the x14 power or x16 power given 200 yards is about the limit in rage I will be shooting? What other scopes in this price range would you recommend?

I have the ATP (the 4.5-14X 40mm with the exposed target knobs) and the 4-16X 50mm Mil dot. And they are both amazing optics for the money. I have the 4-16 on top of my model 12 VLP DBM in .243 and even with factory ammo at 100 yards the groups look like clover leaves. The 4.5-14 is on a Savage MKII FVT I am currently building a target stock for. Its a great scope for the .22. I use it from 50ft indoor to 200 yards and its everything I want.

And the free 3" sun shade that you get from outfits like Joebob outfitters is way cool. Really increases the contrast when shooting in the sun.

Try JoeBobOutfitters.com if you do get a Mueller. His customer service has been outstanding and he has great prices and free shipping.

Took a look at JoeBob and his prices are very good! Thanks for the link. Good to hear you enjoy the Muellers have read good stuff on them. Been looking at several brands and now have my short list down to 4 scopes. I Have a old Leopold 3x9 on it now so I have some time to look. It is amazing how many scopes there are in this price range with amazing features and reviews.

Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 Riflescope
Mueller 4 - 16x50 mm AO Tactical Scope
Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope (BDC)
Millett 4-16x50 Tactical Rifle scope

I've got a 25moa base and Mueller APT on my CZ 452 .17hmr.

IMG_8221.jpg

Did you find a real need for the 25 MOA when shooting or was that just needed for mounting height on your scope? I found even with the small objective on my Leopold I had to go with taller rings and was planning on going even higher if I pick a 50mm scope..

Did you find a real need for the 25 MOA when shooting or was that just needed for mounting height on your scope? I found even with the small objective on my Leopold I had to go with taller rings and was planning on going even higher if I pick a 50mm scope..

I'm pretty sure the 25moa will be needed out at 300 yards, but really wanted a rail mount and that's the only choice I had.

With a screen name of CZ Fan I would think that would be a easy answer for you lol..

Very true. Though I have been having trouble finding anyone who carries CZ rifles locally. I would like to hold one first before I commit to the purchase or have someone order one in. From my research CZ makes very true shooting rifle.

Very true. Though I have been having trouble finding anyone who carries CZ rifles locally. I would like to hold one first before I commit to the purchase or have someone order one in. From my research CZ makes very true shooting rifle.

What's local? I know a shop in Vancouver that normally has them, or there are always a ton of them at the PDX gun show.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews