JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 Boone and Crockett on my CZ 452 Varmint. Had a good time last July in Prosser WA. Check out the pic's below. Longest shoot 180 YDS. I bought the rifle used. I think I paid close to 700 for it and all the accessories to include a very nice trigger job. I normally wouldn't pay that much for an ugly used rifle but the little thing can shoot.

SPAD

No opinion on the Mueller, but do have an opinion on power. I wouldn't go any higher than 14x on a .17HMR. These light bullets are next to impossible to shoot accurately at sage rat sized targets out past about 150 yards, so more power really isn't needed. We used to laugh about long distant sage rats costing $3 to kill because it took so many 17 HMR shots to figure out the windage.

My best .17 HMR sage rat scope is a 4.5-14X50mm SII Sightron. It does not have an adjustable objective or side focus. It has a little parallax at 150 plus yards, but not enough to be a factor in sage rat accuracy. The wind has 10 times the effect. I like the non-adjustable objective cause I can quickly shoot rats at 125 yards and then 20 yards without having to mess with the AO.

After much thought and looking at way to many scopes I've decided to go with a <broken link removed> for $99 bucks. This is a rat gun after all and I figure I will not be shooting competitions or bad guys with it, so it I reckon there is no real need to drop a $500-900 scope on something that would never/ could ever take advantage of the higher end stuff features. If it turns out that its a POS then I am out a hundo so no big.

If I was going to spend the money my list after much research is as follows:

1. Falcon Menece
2. Vortex Viper
3. Mullers
4. Millet

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR