JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My new Vortex Viper is about to accompany me on its first coastal elk hunt and I'm not counting on dry weather at all. This is my first time using a quality optic hunting, in the past the cheap old scope would fog up or get filled with raindrops and of course you gotta keep it ready and clean and since Ive brought a foggy raindrop filled scope up on an animal more than once the immediate response is to wipe it clean with your finger or dry shirt which scratches the lens and degrades the no-fog over time...

I'm kinda hoping the brand new Vortext will be fog proof and wont need wiping in the field, I just ordered their new flip caps to keep the rain off.

So the question is, whats the best way to keep and maintain the lens clean and fogproof and whats the best way to dry the lens in the field?

Quality optics require very little maintenance from my limited experience.

I kept a cover on my luepold and never needed to wipe or clean it.

Anything that will work on flat screens or prescription glasses should be just fine.

I kept a lens cloth in a waterproof container but never needed it.

I also got the Vortex fog free field kit with my order, should arrive tomorrow. I agree there is not much maintenance to them I just want to make certain I'm not damaging any optic coatings if I need to wipe off the lens from rain or debris or anything. I like the idea of adding a lens cloth to my hunting pack.

thanks for the replies, for a while there I didn't think anyone was going to see this thread in this sub-forum.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top