JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some discussion about the new IL laws got me thinking about how prohibitive some of the requirements are to get your permit to carry (or even own a gun in some places). Many times those who need to be able to protect themselves the most are those least able to pay for and complete the requirements to get or carry a gun for defending themselves and their families. Wether that is the purpose of the requirements or not is a question for another thread.

Is there a program anywhere (NRA, GOA, SAF, etc.) that provides scholarships to help people be able to jump through these regulatory hurdles? I don't think anyone should be denied the right to protect their families because they don't have the money, or can't afford to take the time off work to meet the training requirements and pay the fees. I would be willing to donate to such an organization or fund, and I am sure that many other in our community would feel the same.

Anyone have an idea how we could get something like that started?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top