JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have learned that 90% of what people believe is absolutely true is BS thanks to deliberate deception from birth.

So having an open mind, on the other end of the scale, I won't say Bigfoot does not exist. He/they could be very real.

Also, some people's theory that he is an inter-dimensional life form would explain why he cannot be pursued or caught. On a lighter note, I love those beef jerky commercials.

I have had a couple of alien encounters in my life so I KNOW they exist, I just don't expect or care that anyone else would believe me. With the vastness of the Universe to believe we are alone to me is silly anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I don't hunt or shoot, I found this sight by accident and some of the stories were interesting so I posted mine. I like to go fishing its usually quiet and relaxing. I have not been in the woods after dark in a long time. I have thought about getting a pistol but I'm not sure yet. Debborah

I have learned that 90% of what people believe is absolutely true is BS thanks to deliberate deception from birth.

So having an open mind, on the other end of the scale, I won't say Bigfoot does not exist. He/they could be very real.

Also, some people's theory that he is an inter-dimensional life form would explain why he cannot be pursued or caught. On a lighter note, I love those beef jerky commercials.

I have had a couple of alien encounters in my life so I KNOW they exist, I just don't expect or care that anyone else would believe me. With the vastness of the Universe to believe we are alone to me is silly anyway.

Burt, since you don't care what we think could you share your stories? Maybe post them on 'strange things in the woods'. Not making fun or being sarcastic, I really want to hear about your encounters.

Maybe in detail later since I don't want to hijack. In summary, a airborne, large, cigar-shaped craft (making zero noise) paralleled my driving out on Sauvie's Island one night as a teen. A bright 10-15' beam of light projected down from it. Sort of like modern halogen lights where the border between light and dark is sharp.

At one point it moved out way past us and came down and played a game of chicken with me on the road. Instead of impacting us it veered up and disappeared in a flash.

My girlfriend and I were pretty shook up about it but decided not to talk about it for fear of being thought of a kooks (I guess I don't have that fear anymore!).

Then my friend in Vancouver who is not prone to making odd statements said 4-5 years ago that he had 3-4 short human-looking shadowy 'things' hanging around his house at times in the middle of the night. I crashed on his sofa one night and saw them with my own eyes. Best description would be what people have depicted as grey aliens. One was super-imposed through a stand up arcade game he had in his living room which made me think they were not physically solid; looked more like a hologram if that makes sense. Ironically, the video game was Space Invaders. (He repairs video games and pinballs). Lasted maybe ten seconds. I did remember saying 'hey, what do you want, I'm not scared so F-off." I am cranky when tired.

His encounters lasted on and off for about two months at his house and then stopped. Being an antagonist, I did get him all worked up that they were probably there to perform surgery on him or worse (LOL).

Burt Gummer...

You're my hero!

Parasite Wifey

I actually met bigfoot. I convinced him to come out of the woods and live a normal life. He shaved, got some education, did some heavy volunteer work, and now is President of the United States! .....too far?

Okay, soooo next Spring let's get a bunch of us together, take a long weekendand and go looking for a Squatch!

At least it would be a fun hike and gun shooting up in the woods

In all reality I have thought about going up in the Cascades with a bunch of friends and doing a search just for fun. I cant think of a better weekend than spending it in the woods with friends and "maybe" seeing or hearing something strange. It would be neat if Squatch was real but I am not too hopeful...

Me and a buddy went nighttime 'Squatch hunting a few years ago. Me literally in all black like a ninja with a .44 magnum and he in all-camo with two 9s. Both of us wearing head-mounted NVGs too. What a bunch of idiots we looked like, Im sure. Still it was a good time until our limited field of vision combined with scary sounds emanating from directions we weren't looking in and couldn't turn fast enough to see put a stop to all that fun :) .

Unlike trolls, goblins and leprechauns though, bigfeets actually existed in the fossil record. Gigantopithecus Blackii was a large bipedal ape that lived in the cane forests of China several million years ago and filled pretty much the same niche as a modern panda. Unfortunately, there has never been any evidence of primates other than man living in North America ever, so like everyone else I'll need a body or a decent movie to believe it. The Patterson video comes close...there's too much anthropological detail for a rodeo cowboy to dream up in that one...but even its not quite conclusive enough for me.

Keith

There are bones found in Nevada caves indicating 36 foot tall men.. no joke, people, and they are not alone

Nevada's Mysterious Cave of The Red-Haired Giants « I R O N L I G H T

The indications I have read say a 36 foot high man as the biggest leg bone found, but whatever.. the bible speaks of Goliath as at least 9 feet tall and Andre the giant in modern times (The Princess Bride movie?) as near 8 feet tall and massive. I sure would not want to fight him

By slight bend in the knees are you reffering to femoral angle? meaning that his upper legs are slightly bowed out to allow feet be closer to his center of gravity? No claws is a good thing as that would rule him out of the Hominoidea family.

As an anthropology major I am always interested in testable theories to BF

I think that B.F. have lived and migrated through the areas where people see, hear, or smell them for many years who know how many?. And just like we know when something is out of place in our homes or property, I'm sure they probably do too. And they could be watching people set up set up camera's in trees and probably have a feeling to avoid them. Like that program monster quest where a hole herd of people go into an area where one has been spotted. B.F. will probably leave that area for a while till things quiet down.
I think the time I saw one was because we weren't a threat and he was just curious. It's just a thought. Debborah

By slight bend in the knees are you reffering to femoral angle? meaning that his upper legs are slightly bowed out to allow feet be closer to his center of gravity? No claws is a good thing as that would rule him out of the Hominoidea family.

As an anthropology major I am always interested in testable theories to BF

I got the impression that he could not straighten his legs at the knees fully. But I'm not sure, they were just slightly bent at the knees as he was walking. I was quite scared so I didn't get a chance pay attention to a lot of physical mechanics. I hope this answers your question. Debborah

The nephthilm were totally killed off in the flood remember god states only eight Survived. Just my two cents on that.
On another note what so important about post quantity how does that make ones story true or not or less accurate. Or am I missing something Not being sarcastic just curious.

Um, the flood was not world wide. Basic common sense dictates that, plus a careful read of the book

Burt, the US government has long had advanced experimental aircraft that are just like what you describe. They are based on German WW2 era research, as many German scientists came over the the US after the war, and in fact our entire space program was based on their work

Actually I don't hunt or shoot, I found this sight by accident and some of the stories were interesting so I posted mine. I like to go fishing its usually quiet and relaxing. I have not been in the woods after dark in a long time. I have thought about getting a pistol but I'm not sure yet. Debborah

Sounds like you need to pick one up and get back out in the woods. The boys here like to pick on the newbies so don't take it personal. It's sort of a guilty until proven innocent approach.

Sounds like you need to pick one up and get back out in the woods. The boys here like to pick on the newbies so don't take it personal. It's sort of a guilty until proven innocent approach.

Thank you for your reply, I'm really enjoying this sight I know its all in good fun. I have some friends that live in the Gates, Oregon area that had an experience with B.F. while hunting there. I'm still thinking about buying a gun. Debborah

Most people dont believe bf exists till all the hair on their body stands up and they experience that awful smell... I never seen one but I had an odd experience that lead me to believe they could be out there...lol. I still shake my head and laugh at myself every time I think that but dang it, it happened. Look in the strange things found in the woods thread if you havent already. Theres a couple bf "storys" in there. One being mine...

Also welcome aboard!

Most people dont believe bf exists till all the hair on their body stands up and they experience that awful smell... I never seen one but I had an odd experience that lead me to believe they could be out there...lol. I still shake my head and laugh at myself every time I think that but dang it, it happened. Look in the strange things found in the woods thread if you havent already. Theres a couple bf "storys" in there. One being mine...

Also welcome aboard!

Thank you, I'm really amazed at how many people that have had experiences with Seeing or smelling or hearing or seeing tracks. Debborah

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top