JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question, and it is mostly born out of late night wondering.

Were one to tax stamp a TC Encore, and assuming one wanted to use short barrels for rifle and shotgun, would it be two stamps? Can a gun be on the registry as an SBR and an SBS at the same time? I was also wondering about short barreled over unders such as a shorty of some of the Baikal offerings or Drillings. Seems like this might be way too convoluted, but just had the thought and didn't quite know what it would be. Point of reference I have considered quite seriously SBRing my encore but if there were a way to redister it as both, I don't actually desire to use it as a shotgun, but I like options.

It is an interesting question and I'm not sure about this specific scenario. There are cases in which an item is registered as more than one category; autocannons, for example, are both machine-guns and destructive devices.

The AOW idea is interesting, but the definition is very specific, and tailored around the Marble Game Getter and the like:

The "any other weapon" definition also includes specifically described weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more but less than 18 inches in length from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading. The firearm most commonly associated with this portion of the definition is the Marble's Game Getter.​
To my reading that only covers a combination gun. But your guess is as good as mine as how BATFE would view said.

Anywho, interesting project. Let us know how it turns out. :)

It is an interesting question and I'm not sure about this specific scenario. There are cases in which an item is registered as more than one category; autocannons, for example, are both machine-guns and destructive devices.

The AOW idea is interesting, but the definition is very specific, and tailored around the Marble Game Getter and the like:

The "any other weapon" definition also includes specifically described weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more but less than 18 inches in length from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading. The firearm most commonly associated with this portion of the definition is the Marble's Game Getter.​
To my reading that only covers a combination gun. But your guess is as good as mine as how BATFE would view said.

Anywho, interesting project. Let us know how it turns out. :)
So I guess I need to either
A: register as an SBR and only use with rifled barrels
B: Do what I have always heard never to do and ask the ATF's opinion.

I am leaning to option 1.

I am thinking am 8 inch pistol barrel in say, 454 on a rifle frame might be an excellent, little, gun for any sort of hiking or camping. 22tcm for fun, and maybe 327 federal for the 32acp, 32 long, short, H&R magnum and 327 magnum subs and supers suppressed and 7.62x25 because I like it and think it would be an awesome low recoil round

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR