JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok looking to build an SBR in the Albany Oregon area.
I am wondering first what exactly I need engraved?

And second who in the albany corvallis Salem Kiezer area does this kind of thing that is good? And any idea what they cost for engraving on a stripped lower?

Finnally got any pictures of someone you recommends work?

Thanks very much in your help in my Suppress 9mm AR-15 Build (I estimate 2 years till it is fully complete if I have the patience to get it done)

Steven

I know you have to engrave the name of the maker(you) and the location of the making (city & state) and that you want to find someone who uses a ball mill engraver(looks better) BYE engraving in portland does nfa stuff by appointment, so you can stay with your nfa item while it's being engraved, and they run a ball mill, and do a snazzy job from what I hear.
Kyle

I'd have the lower engraved before you even send the form 1 in. That way if it doesn't turn out the way you like you can have a different one engraved. I'd also recommend trying out the LPK fit-up before hand. Most lowers these days are in spec but I'd hate to pay a $200 tax then find out it isn't.

Ya my plan was to get it engraved assemble it into something that does not take a sbr paperwork shoot it and then send off sbr paperwork assuming everything works great!

Steven

Still hoping to find some place closer to home going to this bye place might be good but the time commitment is large from albany.

I would just find a trophy shop and make sure they can make the markings per code (.0030" deep, 1/16" tall, roman letters/arabic numerals). The height for makers name and location (city,st) I don't believe is called out in the code but the 1/16" serial number height requirement will surely suffice.

Big thumbs up for BYE Engraving. Most trophy or laser shops can't engrave deep enough into anodized aluminum to satisfy the authorities. They use lasers to surface etch not engrave. Also, if they do have a cutter, it is not hard enough or fast enough to do the job properly. They don't work with materials as hard and brittle as anodized Al. They will end up chipping the edges of the letters and it will look like crap. Been there, done that. Take it to BYE or a company who has done it and has samples to show you.

I am taking my lower up to BYE this afternoon, I called them and they said that when the engrave it, it generally shows up silver or the color of the metal underneath the anodizing. Any ideas on how to reblack the engraving?

If you're in Eugene you can hit up:
Halo Manufacturing- Great guy, knows his bubblegum, usually busy and may be slow. Another + though is he's 07/02 so can leave lower there if need be.

The Pool shop down on 7th (can double check). My buddy just had his lower done there as he was in a rush to get it finished. TUrned out pretty damned good.

It's aluminum so you can leave it in the white or pick up one of the tough up pens. They come in a blue and black to match.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I need to get some engraving done in southern Oregon. Has anyone had engraving work done by Turbothis in Talent? He did some pretty good ak work for me, but I didnt see any of his engraving work. Anyone have any pics?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top