JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is sad to say that we have, as gun owners, lost this country to the left. They just will not stop for anything. A new nation wide ban proposal is coming after the 80% market. HR-7115. I personally am so effin tired of the left try to control me and the way I live in America. We have lost all the old values in life like respecting your elders and your neighbors. We live in a "what can you do for me" society and everybody wants a hand out and tell you what you can own or not own as far as firearms. Not sure what to say. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

Goodbye AR Builds, Hello H.R. 7115: Nationwide Proposed Ban in the Works - The Truth About Guns

Let the tiny group make all the laws they like.

Gee, a tiny group of rich people deciding the fate of the masses... Sound like monarchy?

First in the 20th century our forefathers let them abuse and twist the Constitution to mean whatever they wanted and give themselves more power... anybody that thinks otherwise needs to explain to me how the interstate commerce clause was ruled to regulate things that were neither interstate, nor commerce. Now the states are doing it.

Nobody respects the Constitution anymore but guys like us. Give them the power to disrespect the rules they eventually come for rule number one and our favorite rule number 2 in the bill of rights.

Last Edited:
As was said in another thread, this is nothing more than political grandstanding by the parties involved. This lets them say to their constituents "....see? I'm trying to do some good here but the nasty old Republicans won't let me...". I was about to say there's not a chance in a well known inferno this would ever pass, but I live in WA and have been proven wrong about such matters.

By the way, AP had their nice stripped lowers on sale, last time I checked.......

How do you ban something that is inherently unregulated. We will just go to 70% lowers or whatever.

Heck you can buy kits to cast like 5x of them for $100, with metal reinforcements in critical areas. That is like a 0% lower.

It doesnt make sense. Its 80%, its not even a firearm. Same goes for the parts.
They sell kits for vehicles that aren't street legal because they're just parts.
Not sure how they can actually ban springs, pins..etc. the market will simply find a way around the law. Franklin Armory certainly will.

Maybe everything has a small weld keepijg it all as one pile of stuff, where the customer can then seperate all the items for a kit.. needless to say, I have full faith in our firearms market to always find a way to skirt the law.

Heck these fascists and the anti gun horse they rode in on.

What has me more worried is the ladder effect. They'll cook up this massive, draconian bill knowing it wont pass in order to pass a smaller bill that will chip away at our rights. Like they do every year. Then, states will fallow lock-step and pass their own legislation to virtue signal. Oregon, Cali and Washington all do this.

Whats worse, expect the next "shooting" to be done with an 80% "ghost gun".. Im certain they'll push that narrative against 80% firearms, heck probably even put it all into motion. At this point, my tinfoil hat is fairly tight due to the seemingly insane false flag stuff thats gone on. I dont think we're getting the whole truth with some of these shootings.. I think there is a massive political agenda behind them and that some may have never actually happened. All we have is the info they choose to tell us..

Taco-lean, If you read the entire article. It is not just the 80% receiver. Parts kits, tooling, plans, blueprints. Anything to do with 80%ers. They are trying to stop you from building period. So you 70%er would be included also. The entire 80% market is at stake. Look at all the jobs that will eliminate.

Last Edited:
If you read the entire article. It is not just the 80% receiver. Parts kits, tooling, plans, blueprints. Anything to do with 80%ers. They are trying to stop you from building period. So you 70%er would be included also. the entire 80% market is at stake. Lok at all the jobs that will eliminate.

Sounds like a massive infirngement of not only the 2nd, but free speech.

We don't really have to worry. The country has become so PC we don't have to obey the laws. After Waco and Randy Weaver it's unlikely the government has the stomach to come after us or try and enforce the laws. The politicians have shown us that you only have to obey a law if you 'feel' it's in your best interest. They can't stop the wave of illegals heading our way, too political. We have no sovereignty as far as I'm concerned. What government do we have to obey?

Unfortunately it seems Merica was and whatever's coming next won't be 'for the people'. I don't feel there's a place for me in this country anymore, no matter where I'd go I'd be on the wrong side of things. Like I told my wife after this last election, 'we must be wrong since we ALWAYS lose.' I'm not that old but feel like a dinosaur. I work at what most people would consider a very progressive company with liberal leanings on pretty much everything. But when I talk to people, most feel the same way I do to some degree. I just don't get how we keep losing when most of the people I know are sick of the progressive tide and the entitlement crowd.

We don't really have to worry. The country has become so PC we don't have to obey the laws. After Waco and Randy Weaver it's unlikely the government has the stomach to come after us or try and enforce the laws. The politicians have shown us that you only have to obey a law if you 'feel' it's in your best interest. They can't stop the wave of illegals heading our way, too political. We have no sovereignty as far as I'm concerned. What government do we have to obey?

Unfortunately it seems Merica was and whatever's coming next won't be 'for the people'. I don't feel there's a place for me in this country anymore, no matter where I'd go I'd be on the wrong side of things. Like I told my wife after this last election, 'we must be wrong since we ALWAYS lose.' I'm not that old but feel like a dinosaur. I work at what most people would consider a very progressive company with liberal leanings on pretty much everything. But when I talk to people, most feel the same way I do to some degree. I just don't get how we keep losing when most of the people I know are sick of the progressive tide and the entitlement crowd.

Rigged elections and billions in dirty D money.

Intent.

That's how "they" could.

Many ways, that's how "they" have in the past.

Simply look at NFA items, and what they have done there.

You can still buy NFA items/kits etc online and in gun shows. I could easily make a suppresor, or full auto, or buy one if I wanted .

The difference is those things are obvious. No point taking them to the range. However their are millions of 80% lowers, probably in CA alone. So whose to say the one I just made, I didn't have already?

First, this won't become a law, at least in the next 2 years. Senate will oppose, Trump, hard to say. Either way, it goes way too far and this would have a tremendous fight on its hands. How can they possibly hope to regulate blocks of aluminum or jigs? Just the huge number already out there would be impossible to track, locate or remove. It's a hail Mary pass, meant to try and earn some support from their base and maybe some more donations for the 2020 election.

That said, they will continue coming for stuff like this. But it's much more complex than just banning tools - the courts would strike it down for that alone. And thankfully, Trump and the Republicans in the senate have been loading the courts with conservative, originalist judges all across the country at the federal level - judges that are far more likely to be friendly to our side.

Honestly, can they ban blocks of aluminum? Of course not. Can they ban milling bits? Springs? Tubes? Can they ban a jig that makes a paper weight that just happens to look like an AR lower? There are so many holes in this lame attempt, it will never hold water. But yes, the threat to our rights is real, and will continue.

BTW, anyone ever heard of a mass shooting, etc. where a "ghost gun" was used? Seems to me they've all been either bought as a complete gun or stolen.

So I won't say rest easy, but be informed, be aware, support every organization that will fight this - NRA, SAF, GOA, etc. We'll need to rally the troops to keep this garbage under control.

Last Edited:
Either way, it goes way too far and this would have a tremendous fight on its hands.
So I won't say rest easy, but be informed, be aware, support every organization that will fight this - NRA, SAF, GOA, etc. We'll need to rally the troops to keep this garbage under control.

I seemed to have heard the exact same thing about I-1639 about a month ago and look what happened?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews