JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love the look of the Wilson EDC X9. I may actually have to pay the semi outrageous price of $2895. I have a Supergrade from them, and if it works like that, this will be an awesome piece. Wilson developed their own hi capacity frame and put a very custom 1911 upper on it.

EDCX9Scenic1.jpg

I can see it now. You buy this gun and carry it when the day comes you have to shoot some dirtbag with it. Cops show up and have you toss it on the ground, concrete no doubt. It gets kicked away from you and placed in evidence. The evidence room is damp and the gun gets some surface rust. Its returned to you six months later all scratched up with rust on it.

Or carry a $500 Glock 19 and not have near the stomach ache.

I can see it now. You buy this gun and carry it when the day comes you have to shoot some dirtbag with it. Cops show up and have you toss it on the ground, concrete no doubt. It gets kicked away from you and placed in evidence. The evidence room is damp and the gun gets some surface rust. Its returned to you six months later all scratched up with rust on it.

Or carry a $500 Glock 19 and not have near the stomach ache.
Amen... That's why all the purdy 1911's stay in the safe and I'm carrying a Shield now... Just in case...

Yep, I've got my Shield on me now and if I do have to use it, I could care less if it's turned into paper clips.

It's cool, but $2895? o_O

I know right? It is funny that the EDC stands for Every Day Carry. It would be funny to see the breakdown of how many sit in a safe and how many actually get carried. I learned a long time ago your EDC needs to be a thrasher pistol that you don't really care about (and have a firing pin block). That's why Glocks are perfect. You can't make them uglier, and a Glock is a Glock is a Glock.

But let me be clear. I still want one.

I've had a G43 in the front right pocket of my shorts all weekend long, while doing yard work, and even at this very second. ;)

My G42 is sitting next to the 19, the 17MOS and the 34 in the safe. The shield is riding next to the "boys" appendix style. I like ALL guns. ;)

Last Edited:
I will stick with the 15oz p938. Or the 2022 if in need more rounds. Reliable accurate, lightweight and $500 range with night sights. Still waiting for the first malfunction. Ok or the .45 mod2 sub compact if I'm feeling spunky.

Ya no Glock. No need.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top